VP / AVP, Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Centre of Excellence - Transformation Group, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Who we are
The Analytic Centre of Excellence is established as the central team to develop the machine learning practice for DBS group.
We work with business to develop large scale machine learning solutions to be deployed into production. At the same time, we also lead the development of enterprise advanced analytic infrastructure as well as creating various data science best practice for DBS. Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to
- Involve in building machine learning models and working with state-of-art data science and machine learning tools such as Spark, Sklearn, Tensorflow, Pytorch and will have mastery in any number of analytic programming languages/platforms like Python, R. etc.
- Work with large scale datasets, distributed Big Data Platforms for a variety of advanced analytics solutions across the bank ranging from recommendation engines, propensity models, customer segmentation, Graph models, pricing and more.
- Engage with business stackholders on the problem formulation and solution design
- Drive the discussion between data science and IT on the architecture and solution design to ensure production and deployment is fully considered
- Drive the testing and deployment of the machine learning products into production
- Propose and maintain methodology in the areas of experiment design and data analysis.
- Mentoring junior staff
- PhD or Master in computer science/engineering, preferably in the area of machine learning, data mining, deep learning, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical background.
- 2-5 years of data analytics experience in industry (ideally banking, finance, ecommerce, telecoms, retail, fintech or technology firms) and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results
- 2-5 years of experience on large amount of data, building and implementing various machine learning models or applications.
- Excellent modelling background including but not limited to classification, clustering, recommender systems, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing et al.
- Programming experience in Python, Spark, Tensorflow, Pytorch or other machine learning oriented programming languages/platforms.
- Have gone through 1 full SDLC for products related/involved machine learning
- Solid track record of deploying machine learning solution into production environment and integrate into operation
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Hive. Proficient in using databases like Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinker
- Ability to communicate complex analysis/models across a diverse team.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to influence the decision making of data science and IT
- Good written and oral communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.