Vice President, Market Development (Global Client Devlopment - Liquidity Providers)
- Monthly Base + Competitive Bonus
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- 19 Nov 18
This position will be responsible for relationship management of an existing client base with an element of sales to new potential clients aimed at building liquidity in our core and new products, Cash equity, ETF, Structured products, and derivatives. The candidate will develop strong business
This position will be responsible for relationship management of an existing client base with an element of sales to new potential clients aimed at building liquidity in our core and new products, Cash equity, ETF, Structured products, and derivatives. The candidate will develop strong business partnerships with Market Makers, Proprietary Trading Firms and affiliates to strengthen our relationships for alignment with our business goals. The candidate will also collaborate and work effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to ensure effective and efficient execution.
Business Relationship Management
- As HKEX’s primary client-facing point of contact, this role will identify and recruit new Market Maker and proprietary trading clients for the derivatives market. He/she will update assigned accounts and target clients on HKEX development, keep abreast of client’s developments, and keep internal colleagues of relevant developments to help grow liquidity and generate incremental revenue.
- Forge strong collaborative relationship with assigned accounts and their affiliates through understanding business requirements, negotiate strategic partnerships and implement solutions that support internal product requirements.
- Assume responsibility with HKEX internal teams to facilitate the resolution of issues and to improve service standards, streamline trading connectivity procedure and provide feedback on service delivery and trading infrastructure requirements
- Assist clients, when needed, on HKEX matters, products and the use of derivatives products and services including but not limited to market data, hosting, trading connectivity and risk management requirements.
Client-Driven Sales & Marketing
- Generate new leads for new and existing listed derivatives products with special focus on Market Makers, Proprietary Trading Groups, their Affiliates and proprietary traders • Active marketing of listed derivatives products to assigned and target clients to win mind-share and gain market share;
- Collaborate with Participant Relations, Exchange Participants and their Affiliates on joint marketing activities and sales force training to ensure effective market penetration
- Understand the competitive landscape that challenges HKEX-listed derivatives products and propose counter measures.
- Track trading performance of our key clients and recommend client engagement programs to keep their performance in line with or exceed market growth
- Participate in the promotion and facilitation of industry developments to drive increase trading activity and promote greater market efficiencies.
- University degree preferably in Finance, Economic or related discipline Minimum 6 years’ experience in business development for listed derivatives in a bank or proprietary trading entity
- Experience in developing and executing client account strategy and plans including project management
- Strong understanding of global listed derivatives and market maker/liquidity provider programs
- Strong current contacts within the Market Makers/Proprietary Trading and Hedge Funds Segment
- Strong business negotiation and communication skills with a successful track record
- Good working knowledge of Direct Market Access systems and exchange trading connectivity.
- Travel is required
- Strong comfort and knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- Spoken and written fluency in English/Mandarin is required.
- Other Asian language proficiency would be an asset.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.