Wealth Management - Process Manager
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Organisation Asia is a dedicated internal team of professional program / project / process managers with the mission to identify, drive and implement innovative changes in WM Asia with one or a combination of these ultimate objectives:
(1) increase revenue; (2) reduce cost base; (3) improve service levels; and (4) mitigate / manage risks of WM Asia
You as a Process Manager will ideally have Wealth Management industry experience and be passionate about uncovering and presenting ideal solutions to operationally cross-functional challenges, with a primary focus on internal operations. You are a Six Sigma (Black Belt) practitioner and you will apply both LEAN and Six Sigma principles and be very hands on interfacing directly with Front Office, Middle Office and Backroom operations teams. You have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and training skills and have a high degree of comfort engaging with all levels within the organisation.
The Process Manager delivers expertise to operational and project teams in collaboration with other disciplines to create efficiencies and quality improvements. You understand, communicate, and apply process improvement techniques, technologies, methodologies and processes to define consistent / robust solutions. You will mentor and motivate project managers, process actors and stakeholders to participate in continuous improvement initiatives and play a key role in identifying, recommending and implementing improvement opportunities across strategic business processes and in accordance with the strategic intent of the Bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Wealth Management departments / processes.
- Contribute to the day to day efficiency of the Wealth Management departments
- Contribute to the system implementation
- Contribute to the operational permanent control framework
- Contribute to the planning of the medium term direction for Wealth Management Asia
- Contribute to help Wealth Management in Asia, adapt to future changes as required by the evolution of markets, client's needs, technology and activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Process re-engineering skills such as Outside In / Design Thinking / Lean / Six Sigma experience are preferred
· Demonstrated excellent analytical, creative and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail.
· Strong business acumen.
· Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions
· An inquiring mind, curiosity and desire to understand "why".
· Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and initiative for self-teaching.
· Interpersonal skills enabling you to operate effectively at all levels; you build strong relationships both in person and when working remotely.
· Self-starter. You don't wait to be asked; you volunteer and consult with others to drive work to completion.
· Leadership and successful team working in a rapidly changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm.
· You are highly organized and experienced at producing project /process documentation.
· Excellent communication skills: formal and informal, one to one, one to many and across all organizational levels.
· Well-developed presentation skills.
· High proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel and process modelling software.
· Ability to successfully work as a team in a rapidly changing environment.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Well-developed presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree required.
· At least 8 years' process re-engineering experience ideally within a Wealth Management or Financial Services Context
· Evidence of inquisitive disposition and its application in a past or current role.
TRAVEL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Travel: May require international travel typically HK, India, Taiwan, China, Indonesia according to mission.
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business process solutions for both employees and clients.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.