Wealth Management - Risk Management - Analyst
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The role will support the Head of Investment Risk, Fiduciary Risk and Operational Risk Management in providing independent risk oversight of the activities undertaken by the Wealth Management business in Asia. Acting as one of the regional risk management specialists, this role requires active interaction with the front, middle and back office, as well as other control functions within the firm. This role will also work closely with other independent investment risk teams in New York, London and Geneva to form a global team. In particular, the role has the following responsibilities:
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Participate and contribute to regional and firm-wide initiatives which includes global projects on re-engineering risk management & back office system, improvement on reporting analytics on market, credit & country related
- Review current processes, identify opportunities for improving efficiency & controls and delivering tactical/strategic solutions
- Proactively drive dynamic initiatives to liaise with other teams across different countries or regions to improve any upstream data quality issue
- Lead the regular risk reporting production for senior management's consumption and ensure the data quality of all such kind of reports
- Participate in, risk initiatives (deep dives, root cause analysis) as necessary and provide a broad metrics data-driven monitoring of key risk drivers
- Partnering with Business, Legal and Compliance in order to broaden the scope of fiduciary, investment risk and operational risk oversight (e.g. governance metrics, monitoring).
- Assist in implementing procedural changes as well as strategic solutions to resolve ongoing risk issues
- Analyze trends to identify potential control issues
- Review one-off requests to satisfy customized client needs with a focus on providing solutions while protecting client and bank interests
- Participate in new product development in order to determine appropriate risk controls and risk tolerance levels (e.g. bitesize, risk profile and concentration).
- Provide guidance to technology teams in order to enhance risk oversight capabilities as well as support new products
- Respond to audit findings and ensure responses on Risk-owned audit issues are completed on a timely basis
- Maintain regional risk governance framework, fiduciary and investment risk policy and procedures consistent with global
- Analyze and credible challenge business unit's documented fiduciary risk and operational risk processes and procedures
- Excellent academic record with a Bachelor's degree from a top tier school, advanced degree preferred. CFA or FRM qualification is a plus.
- High-energy and hands-on individual with at least 3-4 years relevant work experience in Private Banking Risk Management or other Risk Management capacities, Compliance, Operations, or Audit.
- Sound knowledge in the financial market and investment risk management.
- Detail oriented, ability to deep dive on processes and improve controls/efficiencies
- Ability to understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, using advanced formulas, vlookup, pivot tables etc.
- Takes ownership and initiative through problem identification and resolution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in written and spoken English