Financial Analyst – Corporate Finance (Fluent Spanish Speaker)
- City Center, Madrid, Spain
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 14 Feb 19
Spain has the 5th largest economy in the EU. Today the Spanish economy is in the fourth year of economic expansion. It is a very exciting time to join Houlihan Lokey Madrid, as we recruit for a Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Finance Team with the opportunity of developing an international career. We as firm have incredibly ambitious plans for Spain and the European market for the year ahead.
Financial Analysts may work on cross border multinational transactions that provide exposure to various client industries and investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, private placements of debt and equity, refinancing, and leveraged buyouts.
You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyse financial statements, general economic conditions, industry-specific conditions and developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private companies.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and as such rewards financial analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals.
- Develop complex financial models and analyse financial statements, industry developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately held companies
- Support active engagements and participate in our firm’s marketing efforts
- Work closely with talented, experienced, dedicated professionals, including senior officers, who will give you broad exposure to a wide range of industries and highly complex transactions
- Assist in the preparation of materials for clients, conduct market, industry and company analyses
- Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our clients
- Develop relevant general corporate finance and valuation skills
Financial Analysts are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate and financial analyst.
- Have a strong academic track record and hold a degree in accounting, economics, finance, or related field
- 2-3 years of prior experience in Investment Banking (M&A or an Industry team).
- Additional experience in Leverage Finance or Private Equity (ideally a 3rd year Analyst)
- Strong accounting, finance, financial modelling and analytical abilities
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical abilities
- Fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed
- Strong work ethic, organisational skills and ability to multitask is crucial
The candidate must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DV