Senior Algorithmic Trading Quant
- Madrid, Spain
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 18
We are looking for a talented Senior Algorithmic Trading Quant to join the Algorithmic Strategies & Data Science (ASDS) team. ASDS is currently engaged in implementing a core transformation strategy in Global Markets, based in two pillars: automate trading strategies to optimise and scale up our business in electronic markets, and generate advanced market & clients intelligence to provide our sales & traders with unique insights. The team activity spans the three asset classes: Equities, Fixed Income and FX, leveraging on reusable solutions across geographies and products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing execution and market making algorithmic strategies, as well as leading projects to deploy these algorithms in coordination with Trading, eCommerce and IT. She or he will be joining a multidisciplinary team based in Madrid, with presence in Mexico, and will be contributing to a greenfield project where opportunities to grow, learn and innovate abound.
- Design & implement sell-side algorithmic trading strategies: execution and market-making, from prototyping to deployment of production code
- Lead algorithmic trading projects using Agile methodologies
- Develop predictive & pattern recognition models to generate useful trading indicators
- Analyse & visualise market and client data, detect opportunities, perform backtesting of trading strategies, explain the behaviour of trading algorithms
- Degree/Master in a mathematical or computational field (mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering…).
- PhD is a plus.
- Strong Mathematical & analytical skills
- Object oriented programming skills, preferably in Java Scripting programming languages skills, preferably in Python Solid knowledge of pattern recognition & predictive statistics: time series models, bayesian inference, machine learning techniques, etc.
- Experience in big data tools like Spark, Kafka, Hue, Impala, etc is valuable. Training will be offered to get started on the in-house big data platform.
- Experience in reactive programming is valuable
- English.High. Required. Spanish. High. Valuable.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience implementing execution and/or market making algorithmic strategies
- At least 3 years experience in Markets
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making
- Innovative & creative thinking
- You have the ability to create new business relationships
- You consider yourself a person with initiative
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves