The Sales Associate role is based in Sweden (located in the central part of Stockholm City) reporting into the Head of Sales Operations in London. The Sales Associate will be responsible for both strategic and operational tasks related to achieving annual targets focusing on business development in Pensions, Insurance, Corporate/ Baking, OCIO/ Fiduciary Management, Traditional Asset Management and Alternative Asset Management sectors.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Targeting and winning mandates from new and existing EMEA clients
• Providing first class support to the sales managers to develop new business opportunities along with supporting the broader relationship management team on re-bid opportunities
• Maintaining up to date market research of target markets/sectors
• Liaising with other SME across Northern Trust (NT) to support RFP responses, gather FTE requests and prepare for due diligence preparation
• Maintaining up to date market research of target markets/sectors and research new markets/sectors of interest to Northern Trust.
• Researching prospect profile and work alongside sales managers on key deals to build value propositions specific to each prospect.
• Managing and preparing the fee model/proposals for EMEA sales and ensure that all required supporting documentation is in place and regularly checked for updates. Ensuring that the fee review process is strictly adhered to.
• Preparing, supporting and coordinating all aspects relating to sales presentations and due diligence visits such as presentation booklets, supporting sales collateral, agendas, etc.
• Maintaining up-to-date client data within CRM databses, keep accurate records, support call report completion/filing and run periodic reports as required
• Representing NT alongside sales team at certain conferences as appropriate
• Assisting the sales team in the preparation and running of certain NT conferences working alongside the events managers.
• Producing sales reports on a regular and ah hoc basis as required by senior management. Collaborating with the US Sales Team on global reporting and initiatives.
• Analysing prospect data to assist sales team focus on target markets/prospects, differentiators and product gaps.
• Coordinating sales meetings, producing comprehensive briefing documents/research ahead of meetings – may attend meetings where appropriate.
• Developing a strong working knowledge of the products that Northern Trust offer, attending product and training sessions.
• Working closely with the RFP team, collaborating with various internal parties to deliver the RFP and associated documents within the deadlines.
• Participating with the sales managers to develop and execute business strategy. This includes working with the Sales Managers on using the Franklin Covey, Helping Clients Succeed methodology for strategic planning and preparation. Helping complete various associated documentation.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Strong numerate and literacy skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial products and services and basic sales concepts usually obtained through related work experience or formal education is required to assist with sales process
• An excellent level of competency and confidence in IT systems and platforms
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
• High quality interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills are required to interact with stakeholders/clients
• Demonstrated ability to react well to pressure and work to tight deadlines
• Strong and flexible work ethic
• High level of attention to detail and time management
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize daily workloads, ability to multi-task whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
• Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers
• An ability to be a self-starter, with a desire to work in a very collegiate team and have the ability to work independently
• Demonstrated history of integrity at all times; embracing the philosophy of treating customers fairly
• Demonstration of initiative, accountability and focus on quality
Bonus qualifications include:
• Education or certification in Sales or Economics
• Familiarity with the Franklin sales method
• Fluency in Swedish, both written and orally
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.