The chance for an experienced bottom-up, fundamental analyst to join leading boutique in a lovely part of the world!
This is a client that Finders know very well, and have worked with for many years, assisting this company with new staff as they continue to grow - giving candidates that extra peace of mind when applying to this job via Finders.
Our client is a very well-established and growing asset manager specializing primarily in subordinated debt of corporates and financial institutions with offices in Geneva, Switzerland and London. They are seeking an experienced, young buy-side Credit Analyst - Corporates to join their Geneva-based team. (Even if this is a buy-side role, fundamental bottom-up credit analysts from the sell side, specialising in corporates, will also be considered for this role). Our client is a market leader in the field and has award-winning funds. By virtue of being part of a small team, in this very visible role you will be able to make a meaningful impact and contribution to the investment activities of the firm.
Are you a fundamental credit analyst looking for a fresh challenge in a smaller structure with a broader role where you can be more visible? Are you keen on Switzerland? This could be just the job!
Supporting the fund managers, you will be working in a busy team of 3 credit analysts, reporting to the head of research, although this is a flat structure as our client is a small, leading boutique, established since many years and a leader in their field. In essence, you will be in charge of conducting research and credit analysis of bonds issuers. You will work under the responsibility of the fund managers and share your time between the various tasks related to research and credit analysis activities.
As a buy-side or sell-side bottom-up fundamental analyst, your experience should be relevant in this field and the scope of the role will include, but not limited to:
- Research and credit analysis of corporate bond issuers
- Participate in calls / presentations / meetings of companies, roadshows and other ad-hoc meetings
- Interact effectively with Fund Managers and the Compliance and Risk representative on key analysis and research
- Conduct credit analysis functions, continuous monitoring and advanced analysis of the quantitative and qualitative value of issuers and their respective securities
- Assist Fund Managers in the investment process for both fund portfolios and private clients
- Participate in the meetings of the investment committee as required
- Monitoring measures to ensure compliance of investments
- Assist Fund Managers during customer meetings and presentations, develop close relationships with the sales and marketing teams of our distributors
- Assist the fund team in the compilation of statistics of data analysis relating to the funds and the investments
- Participate in the improvement of procedures and contribute to the development of the company's IT tools by using the system and identifying the possible needs
- Masters Degree related to Finance
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in credit analysis with a focus on corporate issuers, from a top-tier firm
- Bottom-up fundamental analysis experience is a must
- Experience analyzing high yield/emerging markets/special situations and/or hybrid/subordinated debt instruments a strong plus
- Fluent English (working language); French a strong plus as well as any other languages such as German an asset
- At ease in a small structure with a hands-on/muck-in approach
- Committed to relocating to Geneva, Switzerland if not already based in the country/region
- Eligible to work in Switzerland i.e. EU, EEA, Swiss, British passport holders only; or those already in possession of a valid Swiss work permit