Avaloq Performance / Environment Engineer in Zurich | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Avaloq Performance / Environment Engineer
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment to join us
- You'll have the chance to interact with various stakeholders and share your technical expertise within an agile, collaborative organisation
- You'll be joining our bank as it's transforming its architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
What you'll do
As an Avaloq Performance Engineer, you'll be maintaining and enhancing Avaloq development tools, including NatWest Services own applications, helping with Java based development and performance testing. You'll also be analysing and resolving specific technical issues for Avaloq and ADAI, while providing assistance and your expertise in developing performance testing software.
Your other key responsibilities will involve:
The skills you'll need
- Avaloq lifecycle management and data growth
- Providing project support and helping the business with continuous delivery and continuous integration for Avaloq in ICE
- Driving new technologies and improving existing processes
- Setting and maintaining development and test environments for Avaloq and AWS
We're looking for a team player with release management, engineering, AWS and ADAI administration experience. You'll be solution and service oriented, with the ability to take ownership and an interest in driving solutions and improvements through to completion. Ideally you'll have a university degree or formal IT related education.
You'll need to speak and write fluently in English, with German being an advantage.
On top of this, you'll demonstrate:
- A thorough understanding of the Avaloq core banking platform
- Software development experience, including Java and Tomcat
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with business and IT Developers
- Analytical and structured thinking
- The ability to work under pressure
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles. Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.