Manager, Quantitative ESG Research
M anager, Quantitative ESG Research Grade 12 (for internal purposes) Location:
S&P Global's ESG Research team is looking for an experienced ESG Quantitative Analyst / Researcher to support in the development of its ESG research framework, including the build out of future data sets and products. Demonstrating the value that ESG can deliver in the investment process is increasingly becoming a key component of the value proposition to clients. To better serve our clients and the markets, we are building out or capabilities in the quantitative research space. A core responsibility will be to research and assess the correlation between S&P Global's ESG data and financial performance. These insights will form the foundation for thought leadership pieces and the further development of the methodology of the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment. S&P Global's Corporate Sustainability Assessment is an annual assessment of over 7,500 companies on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG factors). S&P Global maintains one of the oldest and most comprehensive databases of corporate sustainability information in the world. The Role
- This role will lead S&P Global's quantitative ESG research capabilities, along side a growing team of data scientists and data specialists.
- The individual will be a core part of the S&P Global ESG Research team, working alongside ESG analysts, data specialists and client-specialists
- The position will interact frequently with other data sets and specialists across S&P Global, in order to strengthen S&P Global's overall ESG capabilities and offerings
- The role requires the individual to work independently with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for deadlines and deliverables
- Stakeholder management is key, as the research projects will often span multiple divisions and data sets
- Together with the Global Head of ESG Research, set and plan the research priorities for the year
- Through research and thought leadership, demonstrate how ESG data can be integrated into the investment decision making process
- Present the results of studies and research to a broad group of senior ESG leads across S&P Global's four divisions
- Represent quantitative ESG research at S&P Global in front of clients, at conferences, etc.
- Work with product development teams on enhancing current ESG products across S&P Global's ESG capabilities
- Explore the integration of alternative data sets from across S&P Global into S&P Global's ESG research methodologies
- Lead the research pipeline and project management of research activities, including the management of deadlines and reporting to senior management
- Manage direct reports
Preferred Qualifications :
- 5+ years of quantitative research in the financial industry, preferably within the ESG space
- Understanding of how equity markets and portfolio and index construction
- Degree in finance, statistics or a specialist ESG-related field
- Practical, hands-on experience in back testing financial metrics against ESG metrics
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Understanding of the ESG research, data and ratings industry
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in managing people
- Strong personal interest in sustainability topics
- Knowledge of BI software such as QlikSense,Tableau, etc.
- Interest in maturing technologies such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Natural Language Processing
- Other programming languages
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258265 Posted On: