Senior Programme Manager ‘Wealth Inequality’ (80 – 100%)
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients and a premium brand in global wealth management. That is why a comprehensive range of services and first-class service quality are essential - as are the committed teams that provide them.
In this position, you will work for the Julius Baer Foundation (JBF) and will be responsible to implement the strategy for the core area 'Wealth Inequality', which has been designed by Management and approved by the Board of Trustees. YOUR CHALLENGE Expert in the topic of 'Wealth Inequality'
Administrates JBF's 'Wealth Inequality' partners and projects
- Knows, can explain and present different theories (i.e. elite theories), measurement systems (Gini, Palma Ratio, etc.) and research models (M. Norton, T. Piketty, J. Stiglitz, etc.) related to the topic of 'Inequality' and in particular of 'Wealth Inequality'
- Ability to assess socio-economic conditions of a country and understand the dynamics of accumulation
- Understands and deepens approach with which Julius Baer Foundation (JBF) wants to contribute to decrease the gap between different socio-economic classes in specific industries or countries
- Identifies, visits and develops new 'Wealth Inequality' (WI) proposals and ensures that the projects become role models for a sector (i.e. wine industry), a region (i.e. Basque Country) or a specific group of people (i.e. waste collectors in Colombia)
- Introduces successful WI projects to Julius Baer staff and Julius Baer clients around the world
- Organizes together with the Marketing Team once a year a 'Wealth Inequality' event
- Represents JBF on 'Wealth Inequality' think tanks, platforms and conferences
Contributes to the profile and growth of the Julius Baer Foundation
- Enters and manages all 'Wealth Inequality' applications into JBF's Project Database
- Defines Milestones and Key Performance Indicators in the Grant Agreements
- Demands all Progress Reports (2 x p.a.), negotiates together with JBF's partners External Evaluations (after 24-30 months) and organises Call-for-Proposals
- Is the key user for the Project Database and supervises the graduates or the interns
- Packages the topic of 'Wealth Inequality' in terms of content and visuals in an attractive way
- Can present JBF's 'Walk-The-Talk' approach to foundations and clients of the Bank
- Can motivate JB clients to donate to the JBF
- Lived 5 years in a country strongly affected by 'Wealth Inequality' (RSA,, BRA, etc.)
- Holds a Masters, PhD is preferred, in one of the following areas: Economics, Sociology, International Development or Development Studies
- Has worked 3-4 years at a research institute or for a NPO on the topic of 'Wealth Inequality'
- Has a strong ambition to position topic of 'Wealth Inequality' in a Private Bank
- Shows/ develops leadership to motivate others to fight against 'Wealth Inequality'
- Has a good knowledge about and a broad network in the research or civil society community
- Is able to translate complex (research) facts into an understandable language
- Writes and speaks perfect English. Other languages, especially Spanish and/or Portuguese are an advantage
- Is willing to travel 6-8 weeks p.a.
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. You can find further interesting job opportunities from the Home Page or under Similar Jobs section.