Assistant Manager, Settlement
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To manage and control the settlement team involved in handling settlement functions with a goal of:
- Maximizing productivity.
- Ensuring that efficient and good quality are provided to the customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Ensuring that operations are strictly compliance with local laws, regulations and Group Policies
- Maintaining a good level of control on transactional risk.
- No failed audits
- Cross check User List Report of all Applications being used within the department.
Transaction approval authorities
Authority to approve and release Force-post transactions in Hogan on NRBS accounts with funds available in NRBS account and with Force-post reasons being due to system setup to ensure compliance with regulations. For transactions which NRBS accounts shown insufficient balance but is projected to be sufficient by end of day due to incoming funds not reflected in the said account, approve and release on this type of transaction must be jointly with another SS Manager /Assistant Manager with a print screen on Hogan reflecting "override requirement ".
Authority to approve/authorize payment instruction by
1. Jointly with another SS Manager/Assistant Manager for unlimited amount.
2. Jointly with another SS Officer for amount up to THB40 milliom.
Authority to approve/authorize transaction via Seccure system singly for unlimited amount.
Authority to approve/authorize financial entries to normal customer accounts via eBranch system
- Debit to customer account which holds good funds or has a properly approved credit limit in place
- Credit to customer account
Unlimited (Jointly with teller)
Authority to approve/authorize financial entries to GL accounts (e.g. Nostro, Sundry, Sundry Miscellaneous, Suspense, Unclaimed Balances. Credit entries to Revenue account) in connection with normal processing transactions by
1, Singly up to THB50M
2. Jointly wth another SS Officer up to THB100M
3. Jointly with another SS Manager/Assistant Manager for unlimited amount
Authority to approve/authorize back valuation of entries with no monetary loss incurred by
1. Singly up to THB50M.
2. Jointly with another SS Manager/Assistant Manager for unlimited amount
Authority to sign Cashier's order as per authorities stated in Signature Book.
Remarks: All the above authorities are subjected to the normal dual control policies in place. Where dual controls or on transactional approval limits as stated cannot be matched in the systems due to functional limitations, transactions to be approved on paper by holders of delegated authorities for such amounts prior to the transactions being approved in the system. This authority is specific to the job holder and cannot be delegated onwards
. Interface with Customer / Relationship Managers / Business Unit
- Primary point of contact with customer for professional advice, enquires, communicating and resolving clients issues.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service and proactively seek improvement as per customers need and requirements.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding customers'expectation.
- Cascade this relationship downward to all levels and accounts team.
- Maintain partnership like relationship with the Business unit / Relationship Managers and be responsive to their service requirements.
- To review and manage turnaround time of transactions to ensure that the service level meet the target standard.
- Responsible for meeting the requirements and appropriate enhancement of the Quality Management System in line with "Outserve" initiative in Securities Services.
- To build up service excellence, customer focus mindset and quality culture in the department.
- Manage quality of Depository, Payment and System Support activities to achieve the highest levels of efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Manage job and work assignment, work schedule and man-power resources to achieve improvement of productivity.
- Build morale and motivate subordinate staff to build up optimum team spirit and productivity.
- Identify system and process improvement of productivity.
Business direction and market practice
- Ensure continuous development of the team of professionals to manage and sustain long term viability of Settlement and System Support operations
Control and Risk Management
- Pay attention to changing market condition and practice, give suggestion to Business units for marketing and business strategy review.
- Effectively monitor and manage risks and controls of Depository, Settlement, Payment and System Support Operations, so as to avoid loss to the Bank.
- Take responsibility for the proper control of safes and keys as laid down in the Group instruction circular.
- Ensure compliance within the team to Group and Regulatory requirement.
- To effectively manage the risks so as to protect client's and the Bank's interest.
- Perform periodic self assessment on KCS, identify and report all exceptions on non compliance
- Perform periodic monitoring on Optial, identify and report all exceptions on non compliance
- Ensure the effective of the usage of OR toolkit (KCS, KCSA, KRI/KPI, Phoenix, Optial Compliance tools,.
- Ensure compliance with sanctions procedure guideline and Anti Money Laundering policy.
- Ensure that system & procedural changes are implemented successfully.
- Manage the training needs of staff and nominate them to attend training courses relevant to their position, potential, individual inspiration & business short and long term requirement
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.