Data Engineer (Analyst to Manager)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. JOB DESCRIPTION
Do you have a pulse on new technologies and a desire to change the way business gets done? Do you want to implement emerging solutions for some of the most successful companies around? If you answered yes to these questions and you are passionate about helping clients effectively manage enormous amounts of data to generate knowledge and value, then we want to meet you. YOUR ROLE :
There will never be a typical day at Accenture Analytics, but that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Qualifications YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Deliver large-scale programs that integrate processes with technology to help clients achieve high performance.
- Design, implement and deploy custom applications on Hadoop.
- Implementation of complete Big Data solutions, including data acquisition, storage, transformation, and analysis.
- Design, implement and deploy ETL to load data into Hadoop.
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of Building Java apps
- Minimum 1 year of building and coding applications using Hadoop components - HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume etc
- Minimum 1 year of MapReduce coding, including Java, Python, Scala programming, Spark Streaming
- Minimum 1 year implementing relational data models
- Minimum 1 year understanding of traditional ETL tools & RDBMS, End to End Data Pipeline
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or 3 years IT/Programming experience
- Full life cycle Development
- Minimum 1 year of experience Developing REST web services
- Industry experience (financial services, resources, healthcare, government, products, communications, high tech)
- Experience leading teams
- Data Science and Analytics (machine learning, analytical models, MAHOUT, etc.)
- Data Visualization
- Understanding Cloud components/Architecture (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google)
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.