Operations Support Officer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Master File Administration
- Review of the reconciliation done by GRU below:
- Daily reconciliation of Sundry & Suspense
- Daily reconciliation of SEC RPR report
- Daily reconciliation of BOT accounts
- Daily reconciliation of Securities holding report of SeCCuRE versus Multifonds and SeCCuRE versus S2B (our sub custodian)
- Investigate and escalate for any difference occurs in suspense account per escalation grid.
- Perform monthly GL reconciliation.
- Submit account reconciliation confirmation via Finance web-base and Escalation template submission to Finance.
- Review and confirm of account reconciliation confirmation account reconciliation schedule submission and confirmation of account ownership to department head.
- To ensure all static data are set up in accordance to requests by other units with accuracy and timeliness within timeframe agreement.
- Ensure the static data are set up correctly according to process and procedure.
- Supervise and Monitor MFA transaction is in line with guideline.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of static data set up in systems.
- To ensure that static data of securities and EOD prices are set up correctly and updated in systems.
- Authority to access the department's vault with another assigned key holder.
- Authority to receive and withdraw securities from Vault with another assigned officer.
- Scan all physical securities keep in vault and keep in share drive.
- Withdraw Duplicate Keys for department's vault on a semi-annually basis.
- Provide details with regard to physical security to client's auditor.
- To ensure all message control activities are efficient and processed to relevant units and review of reconciliation of message incoming both MT599 and Facsimile on a daily basis.
- Authority to access the department's SWIFT and storage room with another assigned key holder.
- Review of error messages failed validation in Securities Services Transaction Management (SSTM) and reconciliation of messages failed validation on daily basis.
- Supervise and monitor incoming instructions which failed validate in SSTM (MT540-3) on a daily basis.
- Ensure that system & procedural changes are implemented successfully and updated in DOI.
- Manage the training needs of staff and nominate them to attend training courses relevant to their position, potential, individual inspiration & business short and long term requirements.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.