Senior Software Engineer
R12160 - Senior Software Engineer, Aberdeen Summary
To work as part of an agile team delivering high quality software products within agreed timeframes according to the requirement of the business. We are looking for an individual that can hit the ground running and has expertise in JAVA, supporting several critical data input applications written in this technology. Hiring Requirements
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Participate as part of an agile team to design, code, test and deliver applications to support the portfolio management process.
- Use established testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release
- Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of project goals, recommend and implement corrective measures
- Continuously expand knowledge in areas of specialisation
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- In-depth knowledge of the following technologies JAVA, VBA
- Server Management Experience, Windows Server
- Proven experience and good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Advantageous: experience with PHP, MS Access, Power BI
- Great analytical and problems solving skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project agile team and foster team cooperation
- Keen to share knowledge with the team
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.