Finance Business Partner
Financial Business Partner required to support the next phase of business growth and provide the UK entities with a "go to" finance resource
Finance business partner for the finance insurance division, provide an expert service covering a range of specialist financial, accounting and reconciliation activities, to deliver a high level of service meeting quality, cost and control standards.
Produce accurate, detailed reports, statements and schedules in accordance with established timescales, to include actuals, forecasting, budgeting and cashflow and operation and maintenance of the supporting process as required
Prepare monthly summaries of balance sheet accounts (e.g fixed assets, cash-type accounts and pre-payments, accruals, debtors, creditors, VAT, inter-company/business) in order to demonstrate complete reconciliation and ensure accuracy of the balance sheet.
Actively steer projects as they arise including ICE automated BS reconciliations.
Undertake accurate and comprehensive analyses of transactions supporting values reported, investigate any anomalies arising, correct and ensure that action is taken to eliminate recurrence.
Ensure compliance with Group and business policies and quality standards, including security and confidentiality of information, and that regulatory and statutory audit requirements are met, working with businesses and relevant AA departments, e.g. Group Finance, Taxation, Treasury and Business Assurance.
Identify improvements to processes and working practices, including the development of management information, that provide business benefits through improved service and/or cost reduction
Skills / Experience Required
- This role would suit a part/newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of financial modelling is desirable
- Ability to engage with wider peers and foster strong relationships
- Creative and dynamic thinker - someone who is comfortable 'thinking outside of the box' to help solve problems
- Ability to be rational and 'level-headed' when under pressure
- Willingness to develop and acquire new skills
- Analytical background, with continued workplace application of skills
- Self-motivation and the desire to succeed / 'champion the cause'
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.