Information Security Intern
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . The Role: Global Information Security Intern
The mission of the Global Information Security (GIS) Program at CME Group is to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its systemically important information and services.
At the end of this 12-month intern placement you will have had an immersive experience in corporate information security at the enterprise level and the opportunity to learn and grow as a cyber security professional. Job Description
Join a highly experienced and motivated team delivering the latest technologies and services to our enterprise and marketplace. We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and hands-on person to add value and bring new ideas in the field of cyber security to support our GIS functions.
As an intern on the GIS team in Belfast you will have the opportunity to join at least one of its six functional teams:
- Application Security
- Technology Risk & Compliance
- Identity and Access Management
- Project Management
- Cyber Defence
- Engineering & Operations
- No formal work experience is required for this position. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for Information Security through course work/degrees completed, self-study, and/or certifications that have been completed
- Knowledge of collecting, analysing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of cyber, incident response and digital forensics, security engineering, security operations, computer network operations, information operations, information warfare, or topical cyber
- Achieved or working towards BA or BSc degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Effective time management skills demonstrated by successful and timely completion of projects
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Knowledge or experience of:
- Scripting languages, including Python and PowerShell
- One or more of the following technologies: Java, C#, Perl, Unix Shell Script
- Cyber security issues affecting the corporate environment
- Common network and host security technologies and appliances
- IAM and Security threats and technologies
- Unix/Windows, DB & application servers, virtualisation, network configuration & devices
- Fundamental security and network concepts (intrusion/detection, TCP/IP, ports, etc.)