Middle Office Analyst - Entry Level
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Role / Position Overview
This is an entry-level role within the securities lending middle office focused on contract comparison. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing & welcoming team, who directly interact with over 60 global clients and support our trading desk across 3 key regions (Europe, Asian and the United States).
The analyst will be responsible for the reconciliation of stock borrows & loans in accordance with Citi's credit requirements to prevent any monthly billing issues and meet our regulatory requirements.
This is a high profile global team with exposure to large volumes of trades and high value items. The role involves daily engagement with clients, internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors to reconcile exception items and identify/resolve root cause.
The successful candidate will receive supportive training and a personal development plan to help them succeed within this role and develop their career at Citi. Key Responsibilities:
- Running daily reports and investigating large volumes of data to find and resolve differences in trade economics.
- Regular communication with clients and trading desks, with focus on exception reconciliation.
- Amending trades as per instruction from the trading desks.
- Enhance our client experience by identifying process improvements to increase the automation of daily processes.
- Manage multiple internal and vendor systems to find exceptions and resolve.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Identify root causes and work with team to input resolutions
- Meet control standards and understand regulatory requirements
- Documentation and publication of senior management reporting where required
- Build and develop relationships with other internal teams and clients
- "A" Level standard or equivalent
What we Offer
- Previous relevant experience, preferable but not essential, or transferrable skillset
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Good time management
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
We also have a vast range of diversity networks, which demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce;
- Citi Mentor programme
- Prometheus - development initiative for female talent
- Citi Toastmaster
- Citi annual 5k
- Citi Pride
- Citi Graduate program
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .