Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Citi's 'Institutional Clients Group' (ICG) builds enduring relationships with clients by providing a full suite of strategic advisory and financing products to multinational and local corporations, financial and public sector institutions, governments, privately held businesses, and many of the world's most successful and influential individuals and families in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.
ICG Operations is a key support and control partner to the businesses within ICG that include Markets, Securities Services, Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Treasury and Trade Solutions, providing operational support to a number of sites primarily in the U.K. but also across EMEA and globally.
The EMEA 'Markets Operations Service Centre's and Cross Product Utility' IA team is a seven-member team led by a Senior Audit Manager responsible for coverage of the EMEA region. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Product knowledge of Markets processes is desirable but not essential;
- Solid understanding of operations processes e.g. settlements, payments, corporate actions, margining, reconciliations, loan processing and regulatory compliance;
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the risk assessment and business monitoring process;
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business;
- Performs audits in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including assisting with drafting of audit reports and presenting issues to business management;
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought;
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and costs;
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology including the development of automated routines;
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses;
- May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which have an impact on audits and risk assessments;
- Degree or equivalent combination of education / experience;
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus;
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholder's high quality deliverables, according to strict timetables;
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative, intuitive thinking and ability to work proactively without close supervision;
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in presenting issues and strength in sustaining independent views;
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners;
- A strong team player and a key contributor to the team's overall goals;
- Self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility;
- Proven track record of experience in financial services/capital markets audit/business/operations;
- Experience in or familiarity with financial regulations, governance requirements and regulatory expectations e.g. MIFID II, CTFC Dodd Frank etc, will be a distinct advantage;
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .