We're looking for a talented Senior Service Designer to join DWP's Digital Channels project and become a key part of one of the UK's biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
What is Digital Channels?
Digital Channels is a key enabler in DWP's journey to becoming a modern, digital organisation. With a focus on automation through contact centre products; robotics; and e-document management.
Please go to http://bit.ly/2MTD3yG to register and join us for our Digital Channels Recruitment Webinar on Thursday 22 August 2019 and learn more about how we're redesigning the way people interact with DWP.
You'll join our award winning Next Generation Contact Centre (NGCC) team.
DWP's Next Generation Contact Centre is the largest contact centre network operating in the UK. Supporting more than 28,000 agents in over 135 locations as handling 6 million calls per month.
Our service is built on a market-leading Genesys platform, unlocking functionality that will allow DWP to deliver an orchestrated, Omni channel experience for citizens, improve internal communication, support information sharing and assure security.
NGCC and Genesys won the Gold Award for Innovation at the European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards.
You and your role
* Capture and interpretation of user, customer and managerial contact centre service needs, design and quantification of solution proposals, contribution towards business case construction with particular emphasis on Return on Investment and Capability Development of the DWP contact centre service offering.
* Always demonstrating a good working knowledge of service design in practice, you analyse research findings, data, insight gathering, critical thinking and concept generation,
* Leading workshops to drive actionable outcomes, you align and support the communication with product owners and policy colleagues to define the customer journey and articulate the vision for products and services.
* You use prototyping methods to communicate ideas and concepts with real users to encourage collaboration and iterative processes, whilst leading the articulation of insights and stories around the strategy and concepts being designed.
* Developing both tactical and strategic service offerings in conjunction with internal teams and external service partners and providers.
What are we looking for?
* You have 5 years minimum Contact Centre / Telephony background in Service Design, optimisation initiatives and delivery of service enhancements.
* You will have experience in working with development teams building voice applications using languages such as - VXML, SCXML and SSML, SQL, NoSQL, RESTful APIs, however we are not seeking a software developer.
* You have the necessary change preferences experience to take forward cost effective creation of products that aid the users' needs
* Having worked in an Enterprise/Scale contact centre environment with manager service provisioning partners with exposure to business analysis, infrastructure architecture and solution design
* Experience in Genesys Framework 8.5+ is essential, other complimentary skills in platforms like Verint WFO, ACME Packet Session Border Controllers, Amazon AWS services (such as Connect, Lex, Lambda and EC2/S3) are a plus, however broad experience in similar contact centre technologies is equivalent.
Where will you work?
You'll join our team at our Digital hub based in Blackpool.
The hub is designed to provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. All our DWP Digital hubs have a range gym and sports facilities, great restaurants and snacks bars and lots more. Get in touch for more info.
In Channels we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £65,523 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via