CIB Securities Operations, Portfolio Services Business Engineering, Associate- 602 - Bournemouth
CIB Securities Operations, Portfolio Services Business Engineering, Assoc - Bournemouth Department Description
Within the CIB Digital and Platform Services, the Securities Operations organisation is responsible for processing securities transactions and asset servicing resulting positions for all lines of business within the CIB (Securities Services, Markets and Prime Services).
The CIB Securities Operations Portfolio Services Business Engineering Team is responsible for identifying, defining and delivering change in support of the goals and objectives of the organisation. The team's focus is to enhance the risk and control environment, retire legacy systems and/or processes and create operational synergies and efficiencies. Position Summary
As a member of Portfolio Services Business Engineering team, the successful candidate will be required to drive, monitor, support and deliver a wide range of change initiatives across the CIB. The role's primary focus is to support various CIB Operational teams and the change initiatives across the full processing lifecycle. The role will interact with a wide range of organizations outside Operations so effective communication and broad knowledge of the Securities industry is critical to an individual's success. Successful candidates will be expected to be quick learners who can manage multiple tasks across multiple projects and be able to leverage and apply their experience effectively. Key responsibilities
• Work as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication
• Proactive management of key client relationships to enhance the client experience with J.P. Morgan.
• Ensure Client SLA's are consistently delivered, continually raising timeliness and information quality standards.
• Ensure clear well documented communication between sub custodians, agents, brokers, counterparties, internal operational teams and clients within prescribed timeframes.
• Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are
resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels, thereby ensuring that internal and external client satisfaction is achieved.
• Provide support, guidance and training to Processing Analysts on a day-to-day basis to share knowledge and strengthen the team across the Corporate Actions product to enhance global client experience. Controls and Risk Management: Remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
• Proactively review event and market processing challenges to identify recurring themes that can be prevented through staff education and operational process improvements.
• Promote culture of early and timely escalation, ensure root cause analysis is undertaken for all operational incidents and follow through with all recommendations.
• Ensure all daily functions supporting the Asset Services workflow are completed to support meeting the agreed service levels.
• Identify and Escalate to Operations teams and management any process and/or procedural changes required as driven by the change management function.
• Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls. High Performing Team: Created a culture of inclusion, empowerment, opportunity and execution excellence
• Ensure timely, detailed and accurate review of all functions within the workstream.
• Ensure full execution of end of day controls and checks, with End of Day attestations supplied to team manager.
• Act as a technical subject matter expert representing and driving forward technology initiatives and projects
• Exhibit flexibility in communication styles to develop effective relationships
• Effectively partner with operational and service teams to improve service levels and processes to establish J.P. Morgan as a premier service provider.
• Provide effective team communication, in partnership with the team managers, through regular one-to-ones and team meetings providing information on change impacting the team, including, but not limited to, market changes, functional moves and procedural / service changes.
• Innovation: Created an environment that fosters and supports thought leadership, innovation and creative problem solving
• Challenge assumptions and 'the way we have always done it' by taking the lead in removing barriers and obstacles
• Uses creative thinking strategies, techniques and tools to develop new ideas
• Approach change with a positive attitude. Articulate how the stages of change can affect individuals and the team
• Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business that you are servicing in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels. Leverage: Deliver optimal and key cross-asset solutions that capitalize on the scale of the expanded franchise
• Actively partner with other functional areas to share ideas, tools and techniques to improve delivery
• Work effectively across cultures and take advantage of time zones to deliver more effectively to the client Efficiency: Capture efficiency targets through the effective leveraging, streamlining and optimization of our platforms, resources and global footprint
• Look to streamline work processes, eliminating steps that do not add value to the client
• Understand the impact of expenses and manage costs effectively
• Manage your individual workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met. Qualifications
• Understanding of Securities Operations business - product, process, markets, clients.
• The ability to concisely articulate clear, concise requirements and ensure these are tested effectively.
• Sound project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across a varied book of work.
• The ability to proactively engage with others across organizations to establish relationships that permit change to happen is a key to success.
• The capability to evaluate and adapt to demands when introduced at any point in the Project Lifecycle and quickly establish requirements, key stakeholders and next steps.
• Identify and develop opportunities for partner Strategic programs to deliver change through liaison with relevant stakeholders
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and time management skills
• Ability to be flexible, follow and enforce tight deadlines
• Ability to organise and prioritise work against competing demands
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to deliver information to senior management/stakeholders, accurately, concisely and in a professional manner and manage expectations
• Strong teamwork and stakeholder engagement skills
• Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Project preferred.
• The ability to travel may be required.
• A self motivated individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision whilst also working effectively as part of a team
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue. About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.