Full Stack Developer
Full-Stack Developer (C#, DevOps, AWS) - Bracknell, DeltaOne
Markit DeltaOne is seeking an experienced C#.Net software developer to join our buy-side system build team. The role is based in Bracknell and provides a great opportunity to be involved in building a new data management and processing system for financial services buy-side clients. There will be a strong focus on large-scale loading and stateless processing of data from a variety of sources. System performance is key as data must be processed and validated and made available to clients in a very short timeframe.
Primary responsibilities are to design, build, and test server-side system components and web service (RESTful) APIs, primarily in C#, that will comprise the core infrastructure. Additionally, a suite of web app UIs needs to be built to enable data management and product and client support. Other responsibilities may include configuring and scripting software factory items.
A successful candidate will use good software development practices and a methodical approach to problem-solving and innovative software design. They will be experienced in building software components that are reliable, performant, and relatively easy to maintain. They will be a strong communicator, particularly when collaborating with non-developers such as product support.
Duties & accountabilities
• Design and implement software components to form part of the system
• Contribute to or enhance shared libraries that are part of the system
• Ensure components are reasonably independent of underlying technologies
• Implement unit and component tests for maintaining quality
• Document APIs and processes
• Collaborate within the team to ensure high levels of consistency across components
Education and experience
• Excellent in C# with at least 5 years commercial experience
• Experience with DevOps and Cloud Services AWS (Deployments etc.)
• Preferably degree educated, in Math's, Science, Computer Science, Commerce, Economics
• High volume data and parallel processing experience a plus
• Basic knowledge and understanding of financial assets, at least equity and fixed income types
• Familiarity with containerisation
• Experience using open source libraries
• Experience with continuous build software factories
• Ideal candidate should be bright and dynamic and possess the resourcefulness to create and meet their own objectives in delivering excellent system software
• Prepared to potentially operate as part of a global team
• Attention to detail and innovative problem-solving skills
• Able to operate effectively under pressure.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.