QA Lead - Bracknell, IHS Markit
IHS Markit are looking for a proactive, self-starting and experienced QA Lead to join its operations. The position is ideal for a hands-on technical lead who has a good understanding of testing methodologies and process and experience applying them within an organisational setting.
As a lead position, this role requires an individual who is capable of taking overall ownership for the testing process, working with stakeholders to ensure releases are delivered on time and test execution is conducted according to defined plans, managing risks where appropriate.
In addition to QA management this position will involve hands-on test build for a green field financial application. It is a technical position and will require knowledge of Python and Web technologies. Responsibilities include:
- Working with other QA stakeholders, manage the testing process for Lava end to end.
- Reviewing business requirements and associated design documentation.
- Attending appropriate workshops and meetings with senior product stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure a sound understanding of developments prior to testing.
- Coordinating the testing process by taking responsibility for overall progress and liaising with development and the business to ensure deadlines are met
- Developing test plans, approach, details and scripts.
- Running manual tests on software ensuring it conforms to design and set standards.
- Identify and develop improvements in the testing process, including automation.
- Strong experience in automation including associated technologies (BDD, CI/CD, Selenium, Python) is a must have.
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial data is desirable.
- Raising and resolving any issues / faults identified.
- Manage risk and take contingency action where necessary
- This position will involve hands-on test build and execution with evolving technologies and demanding deadlines.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Design Automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user requirements
- Support other team members in development and implementation of technical solutions.
- Candidate should be passionate and customer focused.
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming languages and concepts with practical experience using these to implement automated solutions
- Strong experience with Python and Web technologies would be highly beneficial
- Experience of tools & frameworks including TestNG, DbUnit, Selenium
- Experience with BDD and cucumber
- Experience with CI/CD
- Should be aware of latest technology trends and their relevance in seeking out technical solutions
- Knowledge of defect management tools e.g. JIRA
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS would be hugely advantageous
- Should be able to produce cost benefit analysis around automation solutions being proposed
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services specifically is beneficial
- Ability to manage the QA efforts, identifying appropriate testing strategies and tracking through to completion.
- Able to provide regular progress and status updates on your development tasks to your manager and peers
- Ability to take ownership and lead projects streams independently with little or no supervision
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.