We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
You will be responsible for the development & implementation of hardware & software solutions to support the global IT operation for PA Consulting. Solutions developed must be suitably researched, proven, documented and implemented before being handed over to teams that support the production environment. Duties include:
• Supporting programme managers and IT management by leading the technical elements of projects to develop, prove and build new hardware & software solutions supporting a global IT operation
• Managing multiple streams of work to deliver technical projects with little day to day management and support
• Managing the day to day escalation of issues from technical infrastructure and service delivery teams
• Problem analysis and resolutions of PA business critical systems
• Ensuring all project documentation and delivery adheres to ISO27001 standards
• Effective handover to operational teams of business-critical systems
• Guiding and supporting all teams who have operational responsibility, providing the level of knowledge and experience that encompasses operating systems and 3rd party software alike.
You will work closely with a variety of teams in Group Systems and the wider PA business. They provide the technical link between programme & senior business leaders and the live operational environment. Their primary focus is to identify, manage and support the implementation of new solutions that provide the business benefits identified, while ensuring the operational environment works reliably, meeting the demands placed upon on it by current and new systems. An Infrastructure Architect will need to:
• Understand and consider PA's IT strategy and approach to security by working with IT management and colleagues to develop appropriate solutions
• Keep abreast of the latest trends in IT and be able to identify what impact these have, now or in the future
• Demonstrate a calm and methodical approach to situation management of business-critical failures
• Provide prompt and effective investigation of issues or threats that have been escalated from 3rd line support teams
• Use training delivered by PA to aid clear documentation, communication and presentation skills
• Keep abreast of potential threats to IT infrastructure and, along with security teams, liaise with 3rd party vendors to maintain a safe environment. Job Requirements
• 5+ years of proven technical experience across multi-disciplinary fields
• Excellent communication skills at all levels (technical and non-technical)
• Ability to work as part of a team but also to manage own time effectively
• Proven ability to be able to manage and deliver complex / technical IT projects
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities
• Expert knowledge of at least 2 of the following: SharePoint, Exchange, SCCM, Office 365 (SharePoint, Exchange, Skype, Teams, inTune), VMWare, Citrix (XenApp / XenDesktop), Windows server
• Desirable knowledge: Cisco UCS & networking, Windows 8/10, Azure, NetApp Data OnTap, Jamf About PA Consulting Group
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn,)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.