Infrastructure Support Engineer
We are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our internal IT support team, based at our Global Innovation and Technology Centre in Melbourn, Royston
This is an interesting and varied role that would allow you to diversify your skills whilst being given the opportunity to specialise in areas of interest. For those that wish to gain additional training, or put into practice previous training, we can provide the opportunities and support needed to build your career.
The successful candidate would be part of a team responsible for the 3rd line escalation of our server infrastructure and software systems in the live, development and test environments. The primary focus will be to ensure that all environments are available, reliable, secure and able to meet the demands placed upon on it.
- Supporting business critical systems including the diagnostic and intervening actions required to keep services highly available for virtual servers, SAN's, Directory Services, mail, leading communication services, printing and SaaS services.
- Helping to implement new IT technology alongside Technical Architects where appropriate.
- Provide technical support/input to team projects.
- Assisting with Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Identify and remediate known IT security vulnerabilities.
- Organising maintenance periods including the variety of changes that take place to keep the infrastructure current and highly available. Job Requirements
What we're looking for
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- At enterprise level demonstrable experience managing a largely virtual estate with central SAN technologies. Additional experience managing the hardware associated with virtual technologies and core Microsoft services would be of benefit.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting capability.
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
- Have been a self-starter, able to use your own initiative rather than always relying on direction from others.
- Appreciate the importance of high availability systems/infrastructure.
- Can demonstrate you are well organised and capable of working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- A keen interest in technology and the IT market.
This role would require some UK travel and weekend / on-call working, so flexibility is required. About PA Consulting Group
PA is a different kind of consulting firm. We look to hire exceptional people and provide them with opportunities that they will not find elsewhere. We are looking for opinion-formers, people who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration, and new ideas, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government. PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.
Read more about how your career can flourish at http://www.paconsulting.com/careers.