Release Train Engineer
Why is this your next step? This position plays a critical role in the deployment of Worldpay from FIS technology solutions. As a key team member embedded in an agile team of Development and QA Engineers, you will help create and improve business products and processes. Working with the Agile Release Train you will help drive continuous improvement and work with us to reach our goal of releasing on demand utilising your experience of cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies.
How will you contribute?
- Facilitates Feature/Capability level estimations in support of economic decision making
- Facilitates Program/ART Level ceremonies (PI Planning, System Demo, SoS, I&A, etc.) and preparedness for the ceremonies
- Aggregates Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency
- Escalates, tracks and removes program level impediments
- Manages program level risks
- Reports status to Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Tracks and reports on program level metrics
- Lean Agile mindset
- Encourages face-to-face collaboration between teams and program level, program level and portfolio level
- Encourage the collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects
- Ensures strategy and execution alignment by working with product management, technology and stakeholders
- Manages dependencies between and across ART teams, ARTs, and value streams (includes Product Management, Operations and IT)
- Provides input to resolving critical bottlenecks (resources, intent, etc) across the entire value chain; not limited to one organization
- Drives continuous improvement
- Coaches everyone (team, program and leadership across the value stream) on lean-agile practices and mindset
- Think beyond day-to-day activities; Apply systems thinking
- Programme/Project Management (5 years +)
- Agile Ways of Working
- Mentoring and Coaching (3+ years)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven facilitation experience
- Lead through example and persuasion, rather than through top down tasks or direction
- Enjoy problem solving individually and as part of a team
- Ability to manage risks/ issues and blockers
- Open to give and receive timely feedback
- Great organisational skills
Join the Team. We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realise your own future growth and success.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviours that we value in everything we do.