Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon are currently recruiting a Regulatory Team Manager to join our team based in Cardiff. The Regulatory Team Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- working with the Affinity Head of Business Operations to ensure that Affinity's corporate governance and operational governance frameworks and processes meet the requirements of Aon's own internal policies and of its regulator,
- acting as the central point of contact for all regulatory activity in Affinity, building trusted relationships with Affinity Leadership, Risk, Compliance and Audit,
- overseeing compliance activity undertaken by the central Business Operations team to ensure issues are identified and remedial action is taken where required.
The Affinity team helps associations, target client groups and organisations reach their objectives by creating insurance and risk management solutions for their members, associates, franchisees, affiliates or staff.
Affinity is divided into three business areas:
- Affinity Practices Group (APG)
- Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME)
- Professional Services Group (PSG)
The Affinity team, made up of just over 300 colleagues based in London, Chelmsford and Cardiff.
About the Role
Your impact as a Regulatory Team Manager:
Regulatory central point of contact:
- build and maintain trusted relationships with Risk, Compliance and Audit,
- provide a central point of contact and work with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners to establish and maintain compliance with Aon policy and regulatory requirements,
- partner with Operational Management and Business Unit Management to embed compliance practices,
- collaborate with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners to assist Operational Management in the interpretation and implementation of regulatory and compliance policies,
- work with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners to establish and maintain Affinity colleagues' knowledge and awareness of Aon Policy, regulatory and legislative requirements,
- support colleagues with compliance and regulatory queries,
- escalate compliance and regulatory issues as appropriate.
Manage regulatory activity for Affinity:
- work with the Affinity Head of Business Operations and the Approved Person for Affinity to ensure that his responsibilities as an Approved Person are understood and discharged,
- oversee the management of file checking, work review forms, financial promotions and complaints, ensuring issues are escalated and remedial actions are taken where necessary,
- ensure that the reasons for systemic shortfalls against compliance thresholds are investigated and escalated where necessary,
- ensure that all matters of significance raised in audit and assurance work are escalated to the Affinity Operations Director and tracked through to completion,
- coordinate management responses for compliance reviews and audits,
- ensure that E&O risk management processes are followed in Affinity in accordance with Legal and Compliance requirements, including root cause analysis, monitoring trends, feeding back lessons learned and managing the quarterly Affinity E&O Governance meeting,
- ensure that Complaints files are audited in accordance with requirements, monitor claims trends, feedback lessons learned and escalate adverse developments appropriately.
- direct Line Management responsibility for Business Operations Regulatory Analysts,
- coach, develop, set objective and performance manage team.
Support initiatives and represent the Affinity Division as required
- contribute to regulatory and process discussions and initiatives on behalf of Affinity to ensure solutions suggested are suitable for Affinity,
- work with the Governance Director, ARS UK to represent Affinity as required
- responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- degree or further education preferred
Your knowledge and expertise:
- comprehensive understanding of FCA requirements and standards,
- proven record in an operational environment,
- proven record of relationship building,
- strong influencing skills,
- insurance knowledge,
- thorough understanding of operational risk and compliance issues,
- upholds and demonstrates leadership values,
- self-disciplined and organise,
- commercial understanding of business,
- knowledge of Aon products and services.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application