Data Analyst - Aerospace and Defense (Jane's)
The role of Data Analyst involves working on an intensive project to structure, standardise and refine IHS Markit Aerospace and Defense (Jane's) data. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join an established team, taking a role in projects that will deliver enhanced data solutions for high-end customers through the rationalisation, structuring and linking of data. A strong understanding of data architecture, attention to detail, eye for consistency and knowledge of Microsoft Excel are essential attributes. Responsibilities:
- Data development: Assisting in identifying and establishing, as an ongoing task, data standards that will enable all IHS Markit Aerospace and Defense (Jane's) data to be modular, allowing greater flexibility in delivery for customer specific requirements
- Data structuring: Producing high quality structured data output by rigorously enforcing structured data templates and carefully managing the data capture process to provide customers with data sets that can be easily interrogated
- Data scrubbing: Examining data across varying content sets, using look-up tables to find flaws, before amending or removing incorrect, incomplete, improperly formatted, or duplicated data
- Data mapping: Reshaping and re-configuring data sets held in different formats, working with software development to model the data before importing them into a SQL run database
- Cross-content linking: Creating linkages between discreet data sets across the Aerospace and Defense product area, multiplying the value of data by creating relationships with other relevant fields
- Data governance: Reviewing the work of Data Transformation Specialists and providing quality assurance. Ensuring correctness, currency, completeness and consistency of data through rigorous checking and peer review
- Ad-hoc consultancy projects: Undertaking data orientated projects as required, involving the assessment, rationalisation and cleaning of data
- Minimum 'A' level, preferably to degree level in information technology, data science or related field
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or similar
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Defense subject matter and terminology
- Experience of working in a data-driven environment
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.