Senior Software Engineer We are looking for a candidate who
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Has experience and interest working with a variety of technologies and at different levels in 'the stack'
- Can lead by example with humility and confidence. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected to) exercise a high degree of leadership and expertise in their daily work
- You will be encouraged to offer opinions and advocate your approach
- You will also need to appreciate the value of compromise and teamwork
- Has a track record of self-directed contributions to large and challenging projects
- We are looking for individuals who have helped to transform the development process and shape the code base
- You should have real world experience of refactoring and modernising code as well as working on greenfield projects
- Will willingly participate in all parts of the software development lifecycle. With relatively small agile teams we believe a supportive, flexible and open-minded approach leads to the best outcomes
- Participate as part of a project team to design, code, test and deliver applications
- Drive best practices in quality-first development including test automation, continuous integration and automatic deployments in all environments (dev ops)
- Provide input in establishing program and/or project timelines
- Supporting the monitoring and reporting of project status. Helping to proactively identify issues and recommend and corrective measures
- Continuously expand knowledge of development processes, techniques and technologies and how they can be applied to our solutions
- Agile enthusiast who can help guide the team and drive incremental improvements
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more professional experience of software development and database design
- Thorough understanding of one or more high level programming languages
- Thorough knowledge of server-side technologies including C#/.NET, .NET core, Web APIs
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation
- Able to share knowledge with the team
- Understanding of the project management process
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
- Familiarity with agile development methodology.
- Thorough knowledge of frontend technologies and frameworks, e.g. Vue, React, Angular, HTML, CSS would be an advantage
- Knowledge of cloud technologies would be an advantage
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.