AI Engineering Lead
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as an AI Engineering Lead
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new data led mobile application that seeks to consolidate registered customer information onto a single data platform, and then surface insights that help those customers save time and money and to gain peace of mind that their life is in order
- We'll look to you to support with making sure that all data related governance impacts across customers, colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders are identified and managed
- This is a high profile role with plenty of scope for development as well as raising your profile across the bank
You'll be responsible for the end-to-end design and ongoing management of the Mimo AI engine, including the scheduler and learning engine. You will work with the wider Data and AI teams to implement various components such as insights, scheduling, and strategic modelling into the Mimo app through a standard RBS model management process.
You will also be responsible for a larger role into the overall Mimo technology delivery workgroup, to provide engineering and architecture design to achieve the overall object of the Mimo app to have a stable and scalable platform. The role will also require you to work across other teams to ensure various AI engine releases and post production support.
Some of the key roles and responsibilities are:
The skills you'll need
- Designing a core AI and data processing platform for a digital banking proposition
- Communicating between operations teams, technical delivery teams and stakeholders around the AI execution and processing
- Providing technical leadership to the engineering teams building the platform
- Providing key input on technology choices and best-in-breed relevant software for use with AI technologies
- Identifying key competency gaps and facilitating trainings for the AI team
In this role you'll need to bring line management experience as well as the ability to lead and collaborate at a senior level with both internal and external suppliers. On top of this we'll look to you to have experience of leading large scale AI engine work streams as the technology lead.
To achieve this you'll need expert level solution design experience using an AI platform along with extensive experience and knowledge of public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and cloud based tooling.
You'll also need to bring:
How we'll reward you
- Advanced knowledge of complex statistical theories, mathematical theories and computer engineering
- Expert level data science and machine learning knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of feature extraction and feature engineering
- An in-depth knowledge of AI libraries like TensorFlow, Café, Keras, paddlepaddle and Torch
- Detailed domain knowledge and experience mainly in the digital payment field
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .