The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Business Analyst
What you'll do
- We're a top three mortgage lender with ambitions to grow further, so your solutions will make a difference to millions of lives
- You'll be joining the programme from the start, so it's a chance to deliver something truly special from its early stages
- You'll impact a new Agile development team with a compelling mission to disrupt the mortgages market by taking a revolutionary, customer centric approach to redesigning the application process
We're taking a giant leap forward to change the home owning experience forever and have true Agile development and the latest technologies to help us do it. You'll be a fundamental part of the programme's success, conducting analysis which will help crystallise the development team's goals, and smooth its path. This will involve building a deep understanding of business and project objectives, defining requirements, and working collaboratively to identify solutions that will deliver value for our customers.
You'll be looking at ways and means to enhance straight through processing, and using your analytical skills to reimagine customer journeys that will act as a differentiator in the market and helps business in reducing servicing cost. You'll also visualise new customer journeys that focuses on comprehensive self-service capability that is helpful and hassle free.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Working with customer journey managers to understand the key elements of processes and the issues they may have
- Capturing and analysing data, documenting business process flows and ensuring they're in line with key strategic principles
- Interpreting diverse data sets in relation to project aims and tracking their progress
- Working closely with the development teams to inform and support the direction of the design and build
- Understanding how to measure customer journeys and the impact that changes have upon them to inform the success of deliveries
- Clearly articulating the wider business impact of projects, in relation to key outputs and processes
We're looking for a great communicator and collaborator with strong experience of business analysis, and a history delivering large change programmes through Agile working. You'll have a solid understanding of the full development lifecycle, and a background of project working in large, complex organisations, ideally in financial services.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- An understanding of the financial services industry or FinTech space, with knowledge of retail banking and lending products
- Great analytical skills, with experience of analysing existing environments and datasets
- Proven application of business analysis tools and techniques
- A good understanding of Agile values, principles and methodologies with experience of working within an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and to manage expectations
- The enthusiasm to take the initiative, keep learning, and explore new ideas and possibilities
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .