CIB Operations - Fund Accounting Analyst - Associate
CIBOperations - Fund Accounting Analyst - Associate- Edinburgh Description PositionSummary
J.P. Morgan FundServices provides services including fund accounting, fund administration,Investment Operations, and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. EdinburghOperations is a department within the EMEA Fund Services Operations. Role Description
This is anAssociate position based in Edinburgh. The Operations team provides servicesacross Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly andmonthly basis. Fund types range from, but not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS,Multi Manager, SICAVs, Life & Pension Funds. Key Responsibilities of Fund Accounting Analyst Associate Role
KeyResponsibilities of Edinburgh Operations Team
- Be a primary point of contact for operational activity across all Fund Ranges administered in Edinburgh, working as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication
- Manage a team of professionals who work within Edinburgh Operations
- Proactive management ofkey queries relating to event capturing, processing and reconciliation.
- Manage Teams workload toensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
- Manage relationship andopen communication between JPM Utility Hubs and external counterparties, withinprescribed timeframes.
- Ensure all daily functionsare completed to meet the agreed service levels
- Manage group email boxesand internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved andresponded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of theevent, and in accordance with prescribed service levels.
- Take full responsibilityfor adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints andcontrols
- Provide support,guidance and training to other team members when required.
- Identify processinefficiencies and manage change through operational process improvements
- Provide effective teamcommunication, in partnership with Team Managers, through Fast Meetings,regular 1:1's and team meetings.
- Identify any processand/or procedural changes required as a result of changes to client SLA's, markets,daily operations or business functions.
- Support SeniorManagement with appropriate escalation of all issues, service updates andprogress updates for clients.
- Be an active participanton key initiatives driven by the Edinburgh Operations Management Team
- Ensure timely, detailedand accurate processing across fund ranges.
- Ensure full execution ofmorning and afternoon, intra and end of day controls and checks.
- Build effectiverelationships with internal Utility Hubs to ensure client SLA's are met
- Proactively partner withUtility Hubs to share ideas, tools and techniques to improve service levels andprocesses.
- Create an environment that fosters and supports thought leadership, innovation and creative problem solving
- Use creative thinkingstrategies, techniques and tools to develop new ideas
- Ensure we remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Approaches change with a positive attitude
• Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
• Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
• Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
• Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
• Able to work effectively across cultures and take advantage of time zones to deliver more effectively to the client
• Solid experience in Operations or Client Service Management
• Evidence of organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage change with conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to drive Team forward with support from Management Team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Good understanding of the control infrastructure within Fund Accounting
• Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services
The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
"JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme. "