Cyber Security Analyst - SOC
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh in the role of Service Analyst, Security Monitoring
What you'll do
- Joining our Cyber Security team, you'll play a key role in keeping our customers and employees safe from cyber attacks
- You'll identify security events whilst helping to handle them in a timely manner, in accordance with security best practice
- Using the latest intelligence sources provided by governmental, law enforcement and commercial agencies, you'll be an asset to our team, bringing your integrity, analytic mindset and security knowledge
- You'll interact with teams across the world, and you'll be at the forefront of investigating cyber attacks in a field where threats and defensive measures are continually evolving
- We're here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you'll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern over 24 hours a day that will cover weekends and Bank Holidays
As a Cyber Security Analyst, within the Security Operations Centre (SOC) you'll monitor our security alerting and analysis service within Technology. This will include Intrusion Detection System (IDS), and Anti-Malware and Denial of Service Attack (DDoS). You'll identify security incidents and events whilst helping to handle them in a timely manner, in accordance with security best practice.
In addition to this your main responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Providing assurance of security posture through monitoring security system status
- Giving advice during an incident response and any subsequent reviews following this
- Administering effective low level component design, technical change and implementation of IT systems
- Supporting the running of RBS technology across the whole organisation
- Providing a central point of customer contact for first and second level support
You'll need strong technical cyber background with a methodical approach to your work. You will also have experience in Security operations.
Your skills and experience will include:
How we'll reward you
- Security incident and event management
- Good knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol - TCP/IP
- Intrusion Detection (IDS) analysis experience
- Networking protocols and routing
- Malware analysis techniques
In return, we offer a competitive salary - £27,158 - £30,000 plus £8050 shift allowance and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.