Data Engineering Lead
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as a Data Enineering Lead
What you'll do
- This is an exciting opportunity to be leading the development of a new data led mobile application that seeks to consolidate registered customer information onto a single data platform
- We'll look to you to provide leadership in making sure that all data related governance impacts across customers, colleagues, and stakeholders are identified and managed
- This is a high profile role with plenty of scope for development as well as raising your profile across the bank
You'll lead the Design & Engineering team responsible for delivering the technical aspects of the Data and AI platform for the high-profile programme, Mimo. This will involve working with other design and engineering areas in RBS Technology to propose, define and agree new standards and patterns.
As the lead of Data Solutions Architecture and Engineering for Mimo, you'll be encouraged to devise and manage innovative solutions and build internal capabilities to help the programme to address its biggest data challenges.
Day to day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Leading and managing the design of innovative solutions and utilising technologies we may not have used before
- Leading the design of the physical data models as well as supporting the design of logical data models
- Helping to design patterns using open source technology
- Leading the Data Engineering team to code, deploy and integrate applications in production platforms
- Working with other senior AI and Data engineering practitioners in the bank to define common patterns and standards and share best practice
We'll look to you to bring knowledge in Data and AI technology areas and be able to demonstrate a keen interest in data as well as experience of operating in a challenging and ever changing environment. You'll need to be analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to deliver insights and solve problems.
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive technology delivery experience, and proven experience in architecture, design and the implementation of Big Data technologies, such as Enterprise Data Lake or Real Time Data Warehouse creation.
We'll also look to you to have:
How we'll reward you
- A background in using cutting edge technologies such as Spark and Kafka
- Experience of making sure that enterprise data is owned and stewarded accurately and consistently to meet business goals
- A background in database development and maintenance using tools such as Hadoop, Kafka, Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB and AWS RDS
- Knowledge of data cleansing and monitoring tools such as Informatica, AWS and Glue
- The ability to design an enterprise data solution to cater to the project's storage needs
- The ability to lead the development of a cloud-based platform which allows real-time insight to be gained from the movement of data between the technology components
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .