About this role
Look no further. At BlackRock, we are seeking an Analyst who is curious, collaborative, analytical and passionate. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and we will embrace your rare skills, inquisitiveness and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
BlackRock Data Services is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered consistently, accurately and on a timely basis. BDS is focused on delivering quality data at scale to our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries, perform controls, resolve problems and mitigate risks for clients and internal BlackRock partners
• Learn the intricacies of the Aladdin® end to end investment platform
• Gain broad experience in Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Alternatives across the vast global investment marketplace
• Investigate and resolve complex and intricate issues and perform ad hoc analysis of large data sets while meeting tight deadlines
• Initiate and drive platform and process innovations to support new business needs, minimize risk, improve quality and navigate changing markets
To ensure success, you will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering disciplines additive
• Basic knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments is a plus
• A “Student of the Markets” attitude: intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving attitude
Lastly, your confirmed ability to operate under tight deadlines and prioritize work, coupled with your sound judgement to appropriately document conclusions will provide continued success. Using your proficiency in Microsoft Office, aptitude for learning new applications, and your willingness to ask questions (while learning independently) will get you noticed. Programming or automation experience with tools like Python, RPA, SQL and Unix is a plus.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.