The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh as an ETL Developer
What you'll do
- If you're an experienced developer, looking for a new challenge in a forward-looking environment, this is an excellent opportunity to join our Data Engineering team in PB Finance
- You'll be using your technical expertise to undertake a role in ETL development work in our MI function
- The MI team are implementing new data and associated technology to the wider finance function in line with the cutting edge transformations seen across the wider finance, technology and data industry, and the work you do will have a genuine impact on the wider goal of building a better bank
As a developer, you'll proactively drive and enhance our core data infrastructure. This will involve data sourcing, building ETL processes, undertaking automated code-quality assessment, and applying performance tuning. You'll design, develop and deliver technical solutions, keeping the customer experience at the forefront of your actions
In the course of your work, you'll also:
The skills you'll need
- Collaborate with a range of development, testing and business teams, to formulate the best possible design and solution options
- Make use of Agile and rapid delivery mechanisms throughout the development process
- Design and deliver reusable components, ensuring quality, robustness, and flexibility
- Construct and improve existing build and unit test automation practices
- Make sure that the software components adhere to our business's delivery standards and are aligned with the vision set by the Architecture & Design team
We're looking for someone who can combine the necessary technical skills required for the role with strong and adaptable communication skills and team focus. Along with an understanding of stable, scalable systems that have been successfully deployed in a business setting, you'll have a passion for technology and a focus on the customer experience. You'll work well in a team, and be motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You'll also need experience in data transformation and lean engineering principles, as well as writing complex SQL queries and tuning low performing Informatica PowerCenter workflows.
Having a good understanding of financial services is preferable.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- The ability to foster collaboration, and build trust among colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience of ETL technical design, development and support
- Experience of working with project managers or scrum masters, and providing accurate estimates for development work
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively on technical matters, and to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in Python, Java or Spark, although this is not essential
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .