Engineering & Environments Lead
The Requirements Join us in Manchester or Edinburgh as an Engineering & Environments Lead
What you'll do
- As an Engineering & Environments Lead, you'll be part of the senior leadership of the Payments Technology team, that oversees and is accountable for the safe and quality enablement of changes across multiple payment technology environments
- Payments technology enables the processing of the UK's largest payments processing capability, which the government, corporates, small businesses and individuals all rely on being operational when they need it
- You'll be leading, managing and growing the engineering and delivery functions, setting the standards and policies of the area and making sure that they align with the strategic outcomes of the payments domain operating model
You'll be working closely with the Enterprise Engineering centre of excellence, supporting platform leads to drive improvements in domain engineering capability and capacity, best practice and innovation to the teams. You'll work closely with the platform, programme and service delivery structure and act as the formal deputy for the Head of Payments Technology.
You'll be responsible for the assessment of compliance against domain standards and the supply of a skilled and motivated workforce assigned to delivery teams, making sure there is adequate capacity, capability and uplift. You'll provide team strategy, planning and status updates, and make sure that efficiency targets and financial budgets are met continually.
Day-to-day you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Governing the implementation and adherence of the standards, principles and policies
- Providing principles and guidelines on the engagement of managed service providers, ensuring maximum value from these partnerships, while making sure that Agile methodologies are adopted across the engineering and delivery functions
- Providing testing capability and environments to the wider domain and driving efficiencies and effectiveness of testing across the domain
- Driving a strong focus on risk appetite, code delivery and testing governance
- Working with Architecture to maintain design integrity and strategic outcomes of payments technology
We're looking for a very capable third party engagement leader with the ability to work with multiple suppliers, with the commercial acumen to deliver the best result for the organisation, and an awareness of how to deliver change within a business. You'll have significant delivery experience within the payments industry, as well as exposure to external schemes and working with third party product suppliers. In addition, you'll need Agile knowledge, and an architectural awareness would be helpful.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working across payments tech and CTO, with the ability to drive functions across payments tech to allow us deliver on change as well as daily processes
- Knowledge and experience in working in the innovation arena with strong market awareness
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of leading multi-disciplined teams, across multiple locations and staffing models
- Experience of working in a matrix based environment with strong stakeholder engagement across technology, business, operations and externally
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .