Enterprise Architect in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Enterprise Architect
What you'll do
- For someone with a background in defining business and application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises, this is an excellent opportunity to join our business
- You'll be defining the intentional architecture for your assigned scope in order to ensure that the current architecture being delivered by engineers best supports the enterprise and its long term strategy
- With valuable exposure, you'll be building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across the bank to ensure commercially focused decisions and to create long term value for the bank
As an Enterprise Architect, you'll be defining and communicating the current, resultant and target state architecture for your assigned scope. You'll be making sure that the architecture links to, and is informed by, our overall strategy and architecture, and produces the architecture outcomes.
We'll look to you to influence the development of business strategies at an organisational level, identifying transformational opportunities for our businesses and technology areas associated with both new and existing technologies.
As well as this, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Translating architecture roadmaps into packages of work that allow frequent incremental delivery of value to be included in product backlog
- Defining, creating and maintaining architecture models, roadmaps, standards and outcomes, using architecture strategies to ensure alignment to adjacent and higher level model
- Working closely with business owners, portfolio managers, product managers and release managers to define the target intentional architecture
- Leading complex and technically challenging architectural transformations, coordinating design and platform teams across domains
- Seeking out and utilising continuous feedback, fostering adaptive design and engineering practices to drive the collaboration of programmes and teams around a common technical vision
To succeed in this role, you'll need expert knowledge of application architecture, and at least one business, data or infrastructure architecture with working knowledge of the remaining disciplines. You'll have excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues, up to senior leadership level, along with a good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for action
- An understanding of industry architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Experience of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market
- A background in systems development change life cycles, best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.