About this role Team Overview We are seeking a hardworking, ambitious learner, with strong work ethics who can adapt to a fast-paced group in a dynamic and consistently evolving environment. You will be able to demonstrate initiative with a commitment to succeed both as an
About this role
We are seeking a hardworking, ambitious learner, with strong work ethics who can adapt to a fast-paced group in a dynamic and consistently evolving environment. You will be able to demonstrate initiative with a commitment to succeed both as an individual and as a great teammate. Your experience of people management and coordinating time critical processes are important too. You will also demonstrate a commitment to technical excellence, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple activities and deadlines. As a good communicator you will use your influencing skills to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key internal and external partners.
Ideally, this role would suit people with backgrounds in Fund/Investment accounting, Accountancy and Provider Management. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with our business, providers and all levels of personnel within BlackRock are a requirement. This role provides real opportunities to collaborate with and work alongside the product groups and the chance to develop career paths into other Operating Teams or into the product or client facing business areas.
The position reports to the manager of the team and is part of a larger team of fund accounting professionals
- Manage the Fund price spread process including the monitoring of regular spreads and the application of special dealing spreads
- Monitor reconciliations produced by third party administrators and collaborate with them and other BlackRock departments to ensure that there is timely resolution of breaks
- Contribute to the preparation of reports to fund boards and management committees
- Take responsibility to ensure tasks and activities undertaken meet the requirements of the regulatory regime and that any exceptions/breaches are reported to line management immediately
- Develop knowledge of fund accounting requirements of particular fund ranges and understanding of specific fund types/ranges. Work with other Fund Administration teams on fund specific activities for example fund distributions, Report and Accounts preparation, collation of data for internal reporting
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with providers and other areas within BlackRock, liaising closely with them to ensure the service is delivered and that any queries/problems/issues are dealt with in accordance with agreed standards and in a timely, accurate and complete manner Carry out continual development of pricing and monitoring processes to optimise efficiency, mitigate risk and incorporate business and product changes. Ensure the procedures are maintained in line with all current practices
- Prepare key performance indicator data and management information for regular reports to management
- Be aware of product, business and regulatory changes and actively seek involvement in the resultant initiatives and projects
BLK’s provider relationships:
- Focus on the financial aspects of the relationship between BLK and third party providers, encompassing the full range of services delivered, become a main point of contact within BLK, including fee modeling, scenario analysis and RFPs
- Liaise with BLK Finance and business heads to prepare annual plan for provider spend, ensuring that all business change impacts / new business are understood, considered and aligned into plan
- Produce monthly reports including appropriate analysis and commentary on the provider financials, investigating thoroughly all material variances to forecast, to plan, and month-on-month
- Review and undertake monitoring activities over all invoices received from providers, ensuring that invoices reflect agreed tariff and activity, and look to streamline processes where necessary
- Ensure all relevant payments are made within timeline
- Maintain procedures for all 3rd party provider fees
- Monitor Service Credit process, including calculation and collection of payment
- Maintenance and ongoing development of Fee Billing Database, initiating and supporting improvements when necessary
- Measure provider performance against SLA, collating service management data
- Work with providers, striving to constantly improve service
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in an operational/accounting role, ideally in a fund management environment.
- Demonstrate a level of technical knowledge across a range of investment instruments, fund types and products.
- Understand the relevant regulatory environment
- Demonstrate a risk focus and understand the importance of identifying potential risks and of reporting risks to management and other relevant parties
- Numerate and ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail Understand the importance of customers /providers to BlackRock and be able to work closely with others to meet objectives
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change.
- Ability to identify problems and incidents, work actively with others to resolve them and raise issues appropriately
- Takes responsibility for the completion of own work in line with agreed procedures and to the highest standards of quality and timeliness
- Demonstrates team spirit, assists colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within his/her responsibilities.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a working relationship with providers, is prepared to raise issues and communicate with all levels.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of work and files documents in a way so that they are easily retrieved.
- Able to handle and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Has an understanding of the Finance industry and with a willingness to learn.
- An innovator who actively seeks to generate ideas that deliver scale, commercial benefits, client service, or control improvements.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills together with an ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong teammate, self-starter, who develops a positive working environment to find ways to partner and effectuate a coordinated approach to tasks.
- A strong project manager who is able to effectively prioritize workloads and adhere to deadlines.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the l
aw, including any applicable fair chance law.