Manager, Risk / Data Analytics, Edinburgh
Data and Analytics is one of EY's core business accelerators, and is integral to EY's 2020 strategy and growth plans. The Data and Analytics community is rapidly expanding, and today consists of over 400 dedicated analytics professionals across the UK and Ireland.
The Risk Analytics team, which is made up of 35 people, supports our UKI clients by providing analytical support and advice across a range of different areas; from developing data and analytics strategy to delivering process and controls analytics.
Due to the continuing growth of the Risk business and increasing demand for analytic solutions by our clients, we are recruiting Data Analytics Managers.
Your key responsibilities
You will lead a wide range of analytics projects and be responsible for delivering to our clients, employing your data management, analysis, and visualisation skills. You will provide exceptional analytics services in line with EY's professional standards.
Working with EY's biggest clients in the UK and Ireland, you will work across a wide range of industries and sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Consumer Business, Health, and Government. You will leverage your consulting, analysis, and business process knowledge to identify and deliver insightful analytics.
· Design and deployment of data analytics on assigned projects - including data extraction, analysis, and visualisation
· Working directly on-site with EY's clients, responding to client queries and requests
· Scripting of analytics using SQL, Python and R
· Developing visualisation dashboards to identify areas of risk and present results to clients
· Working effectively as a team member, taking responsibility for delivery on assignments, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
Skills and attributes for success
Aspiring and committed, you will be looking for an opportunity to accelerate your career with an organisation that will give you outstanding opportunities for personal growth.
Typical examples of the capabilities within the team, and the kind of work that is delivered include:
· Process analytics for ERP systems (SAP, SAP HANA, Oracle)
· Process mining
· Data visualisation
· Data science and machine learning - such as natural language processing and predictive modelling
· Data governance and strategy
· Internal and external audit analytics
To be successful in this position, you will have:
· High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
· Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
· Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
· Flexibility to travel to, and work in other locations
· Strong team player approach
T o qualify for the role you must have
· Achieved minimum 2:1 degree level education, or equivalent
· Successful data analytics consulting track record as a Manager, with experience gained at a Big 4 or top tier management consultancy, or similar experience leading an industry data analytics or data science team
· Data capture, validation and transformation
· Strong data analysis (SQL,SAS, Alteryx or equivalent) or data science (Python, R) skills
· Data visualisation (Tableau, Spotfire or Qlikview)
Ideally, you'll also have
· Previous experience in a Risk function (e.g. Fraud, Controls, Audit)
· Working knowledge of core financial processes (e.g. purchase to pay, order to cash) and their related risks and controls
· Working knowledge of the configuration of major ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, Dynamics) and underlying data structures
· Experience of building and deploying machine learning algorithms
· Natural language processing skills
What we look for Core consulting skills
- Advanced data & evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation & continuous improvement Technical skills
- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability Versatility
- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY, you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.