Performance Engineering Manager
The Requirements Join us in Edinburgh or London as a Quality Manager
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to lead and develop a bank-wide performance engineering function
- This is an opportunity to develop the banks strategic approach to performance testing
- You'll be part of the Quality centre of excellence, making sure we can offer the appropriate level of service to our customers
The Quality centre of excellence has a bank-wide remit to improve and enhance the bank's customer outcomes through the use of industry leading testing services. You'll interact with all the bank's domains to advise and implement their testing strategies and outcomes. There's an emphasis on research and development to make sure the teams remain at the forefront of current thinking and technologies, and this research is underpinned by practical application of these tools and approaches with enterprise wide functions across the bank.
You'll be making sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing, aiming to get it right first time for our customers through innovative service and solutions, using automation as an accelerator and working closely with stakeholders in Agile and collaborative environment.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Producing comprehensive and robust quality strategies and detailed quality test plans that enable the continual flow of work packages
- Accountable for the output quality from all testing phases owned and making sure it meets the requirements of each quality strategy
- Making sure the defects are detected, prioritised and resolved at the earliest possible moment and before the last responsible moment
- Creating positive collaborative working relationships across other centre of excellences and teams to continually improve quality and testing solutions
- Undertaking end-to-end test management, including planning, risk, issue, dependency management, lessons learnt and governance, and managing across multiple platforms owning the end-to-end solution for quality
We're looking for a very capable communicator with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills. You'll need experience of leading a deeply technical development team, along with strong knowledge and understanding of the quality standards, quality best practices, organisations risk and controls framework. In addition, you'll need strong knowledge and demonstrable application of modern testing and quality practices and techniques used with Agile methodologies, such as test driven development, in continuous integration and delivery.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of enterprise wide performance testing
- Experience of stakeholder management at all levels across the organisation
- Practical experience of quality strategy and planning, testing design and execution
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature, platform, domain and enterprise teams with a strong focus on business outcomes
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management level colleagues
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .