About this role
The CASS Team focuses on ensuring that BlackRock complies with the FCA’s client money and assets regulations (“CASS”). BLK are committed to delivering “best practice” standards for CASS.
The CASS Team is a small team within the Business Operations division of BlackRock ("BLK"), consisting of 3 Vice Presidents and 1 Associate, that supports the EMEA Head of CASS in achieving the following objectives:
• Oversight of BLK’s compliance with CASS regulations across all BLK EMEA activities
• Reporting to FCA, BLK Boards & governance committees on all CASS matters
• Driving forward developments in BLK’s activities, processes & controls with various teams to strengthen CASS compliance
• Working in partnership with BLK’s Compliance & Legal Teams to ensure regulations are understood & interpreted effectively into an operational environment
• Providing training and guidance on CASS across BLK globally
• Developing and fostering excellence within BLK on CASS
• Assessment, design & implementation of all client asset & client money regulatory changes across EMEA activities
This full time Associate role will primarily be focused upon delivering business as usual tasks including managing day-to-day internal and external audit requests, with a view to automate or restructure tasks to reduce this burden from Q1 2020. Tasks will include:
- supporting all audit related activity with regards to internal and external audits, as well as compliance monitoring thematic reviews. The appointed Associate will be heavily involved in planning audits, providing MI on the audit findings and tracking audit issues through to remediation. This includes sourcing, providing and responding to queries arising from internal and external audit requests
- support in organising and minuting the CASS Governance Committee, including producing MI, sourcing updates and producing the pack and minutes
- draft other Board packs and management reporting
- develop a self-service system for internal and external audit in to minimise future work
- external monitoring of banking providers
- client money bank account verification review
- developing into a CASS subject matter expert to respond to a wide range of technical queries to support BAU and ongoing change management
Previous audit and CASS experience would be beneficial
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.