We are looking for a Senior Investment Risk Analyst to join our Fixed Income area sitting in the Investment Risk team who provide portfolio risk reports, advice, and performance information to meet various needs. This role will assist the London-based Senior Investment Risk Manager to provide risk support for the fixed-income portfolios that are managed in London. Key responsibilities involve providing analysis, reporting and data to the PM team and various data requestors (Client Service, RFP groups, etc.) as well as developing and preparing reports using portfolio characteristics, performance attribution and ex-ante portfolio risk models.
This role will require an advanced understanding of statistics and technology, with solid programming skills and knowledge of fixed income instruments. Excellent organization, communication and a diligent approach to problem solving are required. A willingness to dive into detail as well as oversee and guide processes and small projects is necessary in this role.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Senior Investment Risk Analyst?
- Support the fixed income portfolios that are managed in London; this includes providing quantitative and technical assistance to portfolio managers and analysts
- Prepare, analyse and deliver portfolio risk and performance reports from various portfolio risk and performance attribution systems to provide portfolio insight and to support client reporting and business development efforts
- Consult and advise users of these reports (which include portfolio management, marketing groups and clients) which could include providing and explaining attribution reports, portfolio and security-level characteristics analysis, risk analysis and ex-post returns analysis
- Coordinate with risk consulting team in generating specific reports supporting the investment teams and other data requestors such as commentary writers, client service, RFP groups, etc.
- Perform sophisticated ad hoc analysis, such as stress tests, sensitivity or hedging analysis
- Act as backup to team members for critical deliverables specific to the investment group
- Maintain and manage data required for the investment group’s reporting requirements
- Respond to complex requests for portfolio characteristics and risk statistics information
- Participate in making presentations to clients and potential clients
- Cover regulatory duties as assigned, which may include producing reports, attending meetings, coordinating with others, making presentations, serving in a risk officer capacity for some products and potentially undertaking required certification should the need arise
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Mathematics or other Quantitative disciplines
- Progress toward or completion of FRM, CFA, or a Master’s degree in Finance, Quantitative Finance, or equivalent strongly preferred
- Relevant work experience in fixed-income risk or portfolio management, ideally working in a risk capacity supporting global fixed-income portfolios
- Experience of using the Barclay’s POINT platform would be ideal, or Barra
- A thorough understanding in all aspects of the calculation and attribution of fixed income performance and risk – including a clear understanding of the framework and calculations surrounding fixed-income attribution and the concepts/mathematics supporting fixed-income risk measurement
- An understanding of the analytic calculations for fixed income securities and derivatives at the security and portfolio levels
- Exceptional quantitative and solid programming skills with significant Barclays Point, Bloomberg, and Excel VBA experience required
- Solid understanding of database functionality along with SQL experience helpful
- Advanced knowledge of statistical theory and a sound understanding of fixed income financial instruments, derivatives and markets
- Knowledge of pricing and valuation of fixed income and FX derivatives instruments combined with an understanding of their use in portfolio management and risk management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with experience of communicating complex financial topics both to financial professionals (PMs, Client Service groups, RFP etc.) and non-finance stakeholders
- Highly proactive and energetic with a client service focus
- Able to take a deep dive into technical issues related to risk systems and data and coordinate across functional teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, think out-of-the-box and provide analysis and recommendations with credibility and confidence
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
If you have a flexible working arrangement within your current role – or are seeking a flexible working pattern - please let us know so we can consider this during the hiring process. Applications from Returners – individuals who have taken a period of time out of work - are also encouraged. This is part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.