The role will be supporting the implementation of various initiatives centred on the ICON application
Technology Programme Manager
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The role will be supporting the implementation of various initiatives centred on the ICON application for the Fund Administration Business across HSBC Securities Services & Global Banking Manager.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. May communicate with a Senior Development Manager, Functional Manager, or Global Head regarding status of specific projects.
- Typically will manage a, regional project of medium risk with moderately aggressive timelines. Project duration will span 12 to 18 months; have multiple stakeholders, many interfaces and many sub-projects.
- The project scope will be moderately defined and will mainly consist of minor modifications to primarily existing technology/systems.
- Ensure business requirements are met or exceeded, on time and within budget in line with business targets.
- Identify and engage all key stakeholders, contributors and business and technical resources that must participate in the assigned projects and ensure that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan.
- Create project plans using group standard tools, in cooperation with IT Development/IT operations project TIMS.
- Produce effective progress reports for assigned projects to keep management appraised of project status, major risks and issues, scope changes, resource changes and milestone achievement or misses.
- Facilitate and chair regular project meetings and follow-up with project team members as required to focus on business and operational issues or technical issues, documenting, assigning and monitoring all project issues to ensure clearance with minimal impact to project progress.
- Manage project budget, ensure that costs are controlled, tracked and accurate effort and expenditure figures are provided to Finance& Planning.
- Manage Vendor relationships; including contract negotiations in consultation with Procurement.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Fund Administration business
- Operational knowledge of Loan IQ application.
- Proven experience in delivering specifications that are well understood by both the business and development teams.
- Proven experience in an offshore / onshore IT Development environment.
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills.
- Relationship management and networking skills.
- Outstanding business judgement and capacity to consult on and satisfy business needs.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects.
- Planning, time management and resource management skills.
- Able to budget, track and control expenditure.
- Proven experience in managing significant risks and problem resolution.
- Proven experience in an IT Development or Project Management environment with in-depth specialisation in project delivery and management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and experience of communicating complex ideas to senior management and key stakeholders as well as to project team members.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DFN5
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.