Product Management Analyst - Technology
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) API Technology group is currently seeking an analyst to join the team responsible for creation of products, tools and enablement services that support delivery of high quality, secure and performance APIs. In support of Global Technology's Modern Engineering Practices GT Vision strategy, you will be a part of a cross line of business effort focused on key optimization themes; concerning API architecture and engineering, API lifecycle management and API health. As a key professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology group, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programmes with broad and lasting impact.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-orientated technologist with a drive to provide a first class customer experience. You will be a technically aware analyst with related experience in delivery of software engineering and/or architecture projects. You will have a proven track record in successful delivery. Critical to your success will be the ability to effectively partner and establish relationships across line of business, function and level in order to support the product direction in support of the Global Technology API Technology strategy. Role:
- Partner closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner on product vision and roadmap.
- Partner closely with technologists, product leads and our business partners in order to understand the API producer and API consumer journeys and translate customer goals into platform requirements.
- Partner with the Product Manager to execute on the product roadmap commitments through the full SDLC by documenting requirements with user stories, process flows and technical analysis.
- Contribute to the product backlog the necessary features required to support the implementation of project streams and deliver MVP (Minimum Viable Product) scope.
- Conduct technical analysis on product stream initiatives and define acceptance criteria using Specification by Example and writing test specifications.
- Partner with the engineering feature teams and participate in technical design conversations to achieve the Definition of Ready criteria for implementation.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies and team processes to ensure clarity on release and sprint commitments are adhered to.
- Support channels that support 'voice of the customer', ensuring capture of customer feedback and product metrics that drive strategic product direction and improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team to improve delivery processes.
Will have the ability to;
- Engage and converse with technologists, product leads and our business partners using a variety of communication strategies.
- Interpret and transform interviews and any supporting content into detailed requirements that will feed the Product Vision & Backlog.
- Deliver product roadmap priorities through the definition of well-defined backlog requirements.
- Contribute to the co-ordination,planning and execution of parallel product releases, ensuring stakeholder engagement throughout.
- Curate and maintain technical content for publication to the developer community.
- Experience in working within Agile development teams.
- Strong communication skills with experience in interviewing and articulating consumer experiences / requirements.
- Experience creating and managing backlog features to contribute to a larger delivery and ensuring these meet necessary definitions of ready and done.
- Strong experience of story writing and acceptance criteria documentation (e.g. Specification by example).
- Competent knowledge of modern engineering practices, API design and API development, and be able to converse with the developer community on their experiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing, including automated testing. Specification by Example highly desirable.
- Functional familiarity with developer tools(e.g., Jira, Source Code Management, Integrated Development Environments, Testing Tools etc.).
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.