2nd Line EUC, Messaging and Mobile Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an 2nd Line engineer for Office 365 who thrives on helping others give the best possible technical service.
We've got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, support and coach their team. You'll challenge your team members to fix our internal customers' problems quickly. And you'll help them work together with other teams to deliver great service all the time.
You'll be on the frontline - busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure your team have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The Base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. The Team
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends. What you'll do
• Part of the global team to support the global Office 365, Exchange and Mobile Services.
• Dealing with incoming incidents and end to end management of your queue.
• Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
• Work closely with the Desktop, Wintel, UC, and Network Engineers
• Proactively monitor and troubleshoot all IT incidents in adherence to SLAs.
• Mentoring level 1 support staff and assisting them as required
• Provide rapid diagnosis of client applications primarily focused on Outlook and other Office 365 services and associated clients.
• Prompt escalation of Incidents to 3rd level resolution teams or Third Party Suppliers as necessary
• Completing analysis of closed tickets to identify trends and to provide training or technical improvements to minimize future tickets
• Prepare documentation and training guides to develop the IT knowledgebase and support the IT Helpdesk team as necessary.
• Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
• Make sure we're consistent around the world, by working with your peers to hand over, follow through and fix internal customers' problems and to improve common processes and controls
• Capture and share the right information about customers' issues in ServiceNow
• Uphold our standards, processes and policies The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
•Two years or more of service desk support experience
•Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
•Good foundational knowledge of core Microsoft technologies - Active Directory, AAD, DNS, DHCP, Conditional Access
•Experience in supporting Office 365 suite of products like Exchange, Teams, Planner, Intune, etc.
•Good knowledge of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2016, Exchange Online and associated clients
•Windows Desktop Operating Systems - Windows 7 and Windows 10
•Experiencing in support EMM services like MobileIron, Intune & BlackBerry The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent What you'll be like
• A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
• A really good communicator - great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
• Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider technical team.
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn - how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.