Cash Operations Lead Specialist 2 - Broadlands Business Campus, near Horsham
Who we're looking for
We're looking for cash operations Subject to join our newly formed Cash Operations team where you will be responsible for a range of cash processing tasks supporting timely updates of cash flows, fees/expenses and trade related FXs, as well as instructing cash movements at custody. You will also support externally managed cash and security movements such as STIF and collateral movements. Additionally, monitoring of overdrafts, overdraft interest and responding to cash related queries from the Investment teams.
As a lead specialist you will be able to handle the most complex issues throughout their lifecycle working with our Investment, Operations and Accounting colleagues.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
Someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the team's Specialists to support them on a daily basis. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Collate daily, weekly and monthly MI reports, ensuring timely distribution to stakeholders;
• Validate and process Custodian dealt FX into internal records ensuring allocation to the correct portfolio;
• Investigate custodian FX breaks and monitor through timely resolution with reconciliation function and stakeholders and custodians;
• Processing of cash flows into internal systems and handling any related queries;
• Process STIF transactions into internal system;
• Process and instruct ad hoc FX, fees, expenses, distributions, margin payments and other clean cash payments to custodians as required and monitoring and reporting on status;
• Monitor outstanding synthetic FX transactions and ensure timely reconciliation with market FX to maintain accurate cash positions;
• Monitor overdrafts for sensitive clients to establish root cause and provide reporting as required;
• Investigate and respond to cash related queries from Investment teams ensuring timely resolution and remediation in undertaken as required;
• Provide processing and query support for cash related activity as required to support Investment, Operations and Accounting teams as appropriate;
• Be the first point of escalation for specialist on BAU matters;
• Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
• Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients;
• Assist in the training of staff; and
• Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior experience gained in an operational team supporting cash and FX payments; and
• Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC; and
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle. What you'll be like
• An expert in your field and a strong mentor to the team's Specialists;
• Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities on self and on the team;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.