Problem Management Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an IT Service Manager who thrives on helping others and delivering the best possible Global Technology service.
We've got a new site, new teams, and new ways of working. So we want someone who can build, lead, support and coach their team. You'll challenge your team members to fix our internal customers' problems quickly. And you'll help them work together with other teams to deliver great service all the time.
You'll be on the frontline - busy, hands-on, and can-do. Making sure your team have everything they need to do their best. And always looking for ways to improve our service. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. The team
We support our international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. Our new Broadlands Business Campus means there's a great working environment for the team.
We know that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so we're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week.
Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends. What you'll do
• The Service Manager's role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our business. The Service Manager would be expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL discipline.
• The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations.
• In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
• Produce governance packs to report management information on progress and risk, and present your proposals for improving customer satisfaction, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Nurture great problem-solving, by collaborating across multiple teams, to carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) under Problem Management, creating RCA reports to understand what's gone wrong, work out the right approach, track and manage Problem Tasks to completion.
• Capture, share and analyse Incident, Problem, Change and Request details using the ITSM toolset ServiceNow
• Risk management and audit adherence feature in this role and the candidate would be expected to identify, highlight and manage risk resolution and mitigation activities as appropriate.
• To support and enable decision making, the individual would be required to create and present service metrics and other management information to highlight areas of importance and the current status of IT environment.
• Keep improving service, by gathering and reporting suggestions for raising first time fix rates, improving customer satisfaction and reducing risk, feeding in to Knowledge Management.
• Uphold our standards, processes and policies.
• Support across ITSM functions i.e Incident, Problem, Change, Request and Knowledge Management, Service Integration, Capacity and Availability Management, therefore, a flexible approach to working is most definitely required.
• Respond to both IT service and user escalations in a timely manner; ensure a swift resolution / conclusion
• Become an advocate for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and evolve the service to enhance IT service excellence.
• Take end to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of Problems, ensuring updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Strong experience in service management, preferably within the financial services industry
• Experience of understanding customers, managing incidents and meeting business expectations
• Prior experience in major incident management, coordinating the restoration of service and communicating clearly and succinctly to a broad group of business and technology stakeholders.
• Practical experience in Problem Management, with the ability to balance a busy workload, managing Problem backlogs, Reporting, and liaising across multiple teams.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with technology teams as well as senior leadership (both business and technical users), and ability to influence decision making.
• Flexible and able to adjust priorities quickly.
• High-level of personal initiative; able to work independently as well as collaborate in teams.
• Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage customer perception through addressing issues and implementing solutions.
• Previous experience of ServiceNow desired. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline What you'll be like
• A motivating, challenging and supportive leader and coach
• A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
• A really good communicator - great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn - how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.