Reconciliations Specialist - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Reconciliations team in ensuring the integrity of custody and cash position data is maintained within our internal systems through our daily reconciliation processes. You will ensure the complete reconciliation, investigation and allocation of all breaks are completed within set SLA's and deadlines.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, clients, counterparties, custodians and administrators;
• Perform custody transaction and position reconciliation against internal records;
• Maintain ownership of daily cash and stock breaks by conducting investigation on differences, and monitoring through timely resolution with processing teams and custodians/administrators;
• Perform outstanding OTC bilateral collateral and outstanding position reconciliation, outstanding fixed deposit positions, between internal and counterparty records and monitor through breaks resolution in a timely manner;
• Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income;
• Work through high volumes, prioritise, and manage workload according to risk or deadlines;
• Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients; and Assist in the training of staff; and
• Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Prior experience in reconciliations / investment accounting preferred;
• Strong and proven investigations skills preferred (liaising with internal & external parties);
• Familiar with equities, fixed income and derivative products desired; and
• Proficient in basic software including MS Excel. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
• Understanding of operational risks and control frameworks; and
• Prior experience of Aladdin and Tri-Optima. What you'll be like
• Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
• Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.