Trade Settlements Manager - Broadlands Business Campus (near Horsham)
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to lead our trade settlements team in ensuring that our equity, fixed income, Repo, FX and Unit Trust trades are managed through to settlement and that any settlement issues or fails are pro-actively dealt with and resolved. Additionally, you will handle the investigation and resolution of any interest claims that may arise.
You will also be a strong people manager with overall responsibility for leading and developing a team of Specialists and Lead Specialists.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
As this is leading a new team, in a new location, we need someone who's flexible, creative and curious enough to take on a challenge, rather than tick off set tasks on a to-do list. You will also be a strong people manager with overall responsibility for leading and developing a team of Specialists and Lead Specialists. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That's our new operations hub - home to our client servicing, product reporting and operational oversight for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
It's a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we're looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It's a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It'll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different. What you'll do
• Manage the Settlements Team to deliver accurate, timely, compliant and cost effective trade processing services;
• Ensure processes and procedures are in place to:
o Identify, record, investigate and resolve trades failing to achieve market settlement by contractual settlement date.
o Record, investigate and resolve trade related interest claims and report any associated costs to senior management in a timely manner.
• Proactively manage and mitigate risk by reviewing processes and procedures, implementing improvements and maintaining stringent controls;
• Approve and update procedure manuals, service definitions and audit reports. Conduct root cause analysis on issues that arise;
• Develop team members to achieve team and business goals;
• Managing individuals performance, conducting 1:1s, appraisals and enforcing group policies;
• Build and develop good working relationships between Trade Processing and its internal/external clients and suppliers;
• Keep informed of market and regulatory changes and where required implement changes to processes and procedures;
• Attend counterparty/industry seminars;
• Support client due diligence reviews, provide informational presentations on area of expertise to internal clients/colleagues and external clients as required;
• Monitor market and regulatory changes and where required implement changes to processes and procedures;
• Ensure the function is meeting the needs of our business partners and internal clients;
• Initiate and lead local projects and change or act as lead contact for business projects, both aimed at further improving service and controls or managing costs and risks;
• Escalate potential problems before they become a risk;
• Monitor and review error trends and provide guidance to team members to prevent reoccurrence; and
• Provide cover to the Head of EMEA Transaction Operations where required. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Proven experience gained in a Trade Management function within a Financial Services Operational team supporting equity, fixed income, Repo, FX and Unit Trust asset classes;
• Good market knowledge and understanding of local market regulations and settlement processes;
• Experience of managing, negotiating and resolving interest claims;
• Experience of leading and developing a team;
• Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks;
• Numerical skills and the ability to monitor and produce high quality MIS, and naturally perform root cause analysis; and
• Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC. The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle; and
• Project and Business Change experience and/or qualification. What you'll be like
• An experienced people manager with a track record in developing teams and people;
• Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
• A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties;
• Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities;
• Dexterity to switch seamlessly between big picture thinking and detailed impact analyses when required; and
• Able to navigate the team through changes and maintain an innovative culture. We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.